• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Live Update problem feb2019

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with Norton Security Premium on my Win10 laptop PC.

While doing a quick live update check, which kicked off a couple updates, my PC installed the updates then stalled on the complete page....it never made it to completed.

I left my PC in this mode overnight hoping it would complete as normal but had to force shutdown (hold power button down>5sec) in the morning.

During the windows login (welcome) page after rebooting, it sat there spinning its wheels for over an hour.

I have since clean reinstalled Nortons 3 times so far (fast shutdown is disabled) and have also run the Norton remove tool numerous times and successfully installed Nortons to the point before it performs the second live update that I trigger manually. I do this after a full system scan post reinstall - note first live update occurs during the install process, works ok.

When I trigger the manual live update Norton sees 12 updates to install, all approx 34 or 38MB in size.

I do not know where it fails but checked the log and looks like its done 3 of them.

Current version 22.16.4.15

Norton is running on my PC now but Ive switched off live updates. Worried if I switch it back on again the PC will eventually lockup.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Live Update problem feb2019

Oh BTW - how do I manually install future updates and where do I find out about them?

Cheers

Danksagungen0

@Grayman

Grayman:

Oh BTW - how do I manually install future updates and where do I find out about them?

Cheers

Please see if either or a combination of both of the following links answers your quoted question. 

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080409124...

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v59824654_End...

Danksagungen0

Thank you for your help, Ill give them both a go

Danksagungen0

Hi everyone,

No luck unfortunately.

I uninstalled, rebooted then ran the remove/reinstall tool (remove only) about 3 times.

I  installed everything all over again, full scanned OK then ran the offline update using Intelligent updater, all good.

I then ran the power eraser, no threats found, all good.

I then rebooted the pc then ran live update which detected a 26MB download. It installed as usual then hung up on the completing screen again. I had to crash my PC to take over as I couldnt open up firefox or even ruun task manager to shut it down.

I think Ill just live with offline updates and leave live update switched off.

Is there anything in the registry that can prevent live update from completing?

Thanks in advance for everyones help

Danksagungen0

Hello

The intelligent updater updates the SDS definitions.You won't get any product updates doing that. Have you checked the condition of your Windows installation and the condition of your hard drive?

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Danksagungen0

Yes thanks I have twice checked my hard drive and Windows install, no issues found at all.

There are not a lot of programs installed eg office, vlc and itunes, thats about it.

Its really annoying as it was working great until about a week ago, its only hanging up on the live update completion, everything else looks good. Ive left live update on completing page for nearly 24hours (twice), still wont complete.

The Intelligent Updater, do you mean its only AV-type updates only and not product version? At this stage I can live with that.

Cheers

Danksagungen0

I would suggest turning automatic LiveUpdate back on and not doing any manual LiveUpdates for a few days. Remember that by default the automatic LiveUpdate runs in the background about every hour. So you should end up with the latest protection updates. If all goes well after a few days, you could try manually running again to see if you still see the same problem.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Hello Grayman

Have you disabled Fast Startup in Windows 10 Power Management? Having that turned on has been known to cause all types of issues. Disable it and then restart your laptop.

Is it possible that Windows update or Office update had some influence?

Have a Good Night and 

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.