• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Norton Snap

Norton Snap QSR Reader will not scan a specific code that I need to access regularly. I maybe leaving out a step. I assumed it functioned automatically or after snapping a picture of the code. However, it does neither. Does anyone have a solution.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Norton Snap

Have you been using Norton Snap for a while?

Did that specific code work before? 

Does Snap work correctly with other codes?

What device are you using and what Android version?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

Hello Peterweb, Did you receive my answers to your questions. If not I'm responding here... Have you been using Norton Snap for a while? (A) Only since I upgraded my device about 3 weeks ago. Did that specific code work before? (A) The code has never worked. Does Snap work correctly with other codes? (A) It has worked but never directed me to the correct website. What device are you using and what Android version? (A) LG Stylo 4, Android Version: 8.1.0 Thank you, Jimy Mac
Danksagungen0

Where are you getting the QR codes? Online or from a product box or brochure?

What is the one code you have to use? Is it some code generated by your work for example? Do other users have issues reading that code?

Danksagungen0

Where are you getting the QR codes? Online or from a product box or brochure? (A) The code is on a card the should connect to the admissions office of my college alma mater. I attend College Fair on their behalf representing the school. When students scan the Qr Code it opens a form that they fill-in their contact information. What is the one code you have to use? Is it some code generated by your work for example? (A) I am a volunteer for the college admission department. Therefore, technically yes the code is generated by my work.
Danksagungen0

Are any others users able to access the form through the QR code?

Maybe try another QR code reader  app to see if it can read the code. It could be a problem with the code itself.

I just tried Norton Snap on some test QR codes from the internet and they were scanned, deemed safe, and opened in a browser.

See if you can find some other codes to check that you know what web site is supposed to open.

Danksagungen0

The QR Code can be read by co-workers and students using iPhones with no problems. I'm leary of using Free QR Readers because I don't want to give them access to data on my phone. I'll try some other codes but the code on the card from the admission department is what I need to read. What can I tell the AD what may be a problem with the code for Android phones.
Danksagungen0

The Norton Snap app is a free app and you were willing to use that. 

There is really nothing that can be tested by others here without the actual QR code you are having difficulty with. Can you take a picture of the code and post it here?    

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Danksagungen0

I was not aware Norton Snap is a free app because it was included with my Norton Mobile Security package. I tried to attach a file yesterday evening but it only accepted txt, pdf or zip files. I will attempt to upload to the forum per your instructions. I have a busy day today therefore, I may not get to it until this evening. It sounds like something better attempted on my computer instead of my phone.
Danksagungen0

I may not get to it until this evening. It sounds like something better attempted on my computer instead of my phone.

Your are correct. You cannot get to the image posting features from mobile devices. 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.