• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

unsafe website on iphone?

When I access weather.com on my iPhone 8 I get (happens about half the time) a warning from Norton Security that says "Unsafe site we recommend you do not use this site".  I do not get this on my computer and my wife does not get this on her iphone8.

Please advise

Thank you.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: unsafe website on iphone?

I just tried the same web site. I saw no messages from Norton. Because you are only seeing this occasionally, and your wife has not seen it, the only thing I can suggest is it might be related to one of the many ads appearing on that page. If there is some malformed ad from an ad service used by the weather.com web site, that could be triggering the warning. 

When you see the warning, is there a link for more information on the detection? If so, next time you see the message please take a screenshot of the additional information and post back here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

I just received another warning when accessing weather.com on my iPhone 8.  I copied the url info and it is below.  Thank you for your advice on this matter.

https://sitereview.norton.com/#/lookup-result/track.regaming.com

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen1 Stats

If you are getting a message about regaming dot com while visiting Weather dot com, that would appear to be an issue with an ad on that page. Possibly a malformed ad that is redirecting your browser.

I would suggest installing an ad blocker app on your device. I use AdBlock Plus on all my devices.    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/adblock-plus-abp-remove-ads-browse-faste...

Danksagungen0

Thanks for the quick reply and advice.

Danksagungen0

You are welcome. Glad I could help.

If you do try the ad blocker, please post back after a week or so to let us know if you are still seeing the messages.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.