• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

VPN flickers on and off using wireless, fails to connect

We've been battling this issue since day one (June 2018) and have yet to see a solution. The issue is that when trying to browse the internet on an iPhone 7 when connected to wireless, the VPN flashes on and off rapidly and maybe... just maybe if you're lucky, you can get to the internet but 80% of the time it fails. The only option is to toggle the VPN off and try again or disconnect and use the data plan, both of which are terrible solutions. We've called support twice and had zero luck so far. We've uninstalled, reinstalled, created new profiles on the phone and blown away the profile in the portal as instructed with no luck. Actually, we've done all this twice, maybe three times so calling support is out of the question at this point.

Has anyone encountered this before? I've been googling the heck out of it but so far no solutions have helped. The IOS version is 12.1.4 currently and has done it since 11.x when we got the phone last year.

Very disappointing, it renders the VPN nearly useless and forces heavy data usage. Help!

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: VPN flickers on and off using wireless, fails to connect

Why was this moved??? It's a VPN issue built into the Norton Family app on my son's phone??

Danksagungen0

Hi MSL_Dad,

I have sent you a private message requesting few details. Could you please respond to that message with the details?

Thanks and Regards,
Andrew.

Danksagungen0

MSL_Dad:

Why was this moved??? It's a VPN issue built into the Norton Family app on my son's phone??

It was moved because not all Norton Family users have a VPN. It is not included with the Norton Family app. This forum board has many more threads about the VPN functions.

Does this phone also have the Norton Security app installed. That does have a pseudo VPN included.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

I can't speak for the other products but the VPN came standard on the Norton Family app for my son's iPhone, we didn't add it on.

Danksagungen0

Let me rephrase... It either automatic configured the built in iOS VPN or it installed it's own, I'm not sure. Either way it's configured via the app during setup.

Danksagungen0

I apologize. I have not kept up with the Family products recently. 

There is an on device VPN feature to allow for the web filtering. It is not an actual VPN where your information is encrypted and sent through other servers to mask your actual location.

Someone must have seen the phrase VPN and had your thread moved. But I see it has been moved back to the Family board.

I'll leave you in the capable hands of  Andrew_Davis.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.