• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Forgot App Lock password

I installed Mobile Security on my android phone and set up App Lock with a password.  Somehow I am not using the correct password and therefore cannot unlock my phone to use it.  What is a fix for this issue?

Labels: App Lock

Antworten

Danksagungen1 Stats

Re: Forgot App Lock password

The App Lock does not lock your phone. You have something else going on here. 

Are you sure you did not set up a screen lock in Android Settings? Make sure you are entering the correct PIN for the screen lock.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Danksagungen0

The problem is that I do not remember the app lock password so I cannot do anything on my phone.  The main screen just asks for my password.  Cannot get in to phone to go to mobile security site to check anything.

Danksagungen0

OK so you are not actually locked out of your phone. Just the apps you protected with App Lock.

When the app lock PIN prompt comes up, tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen. Then tap on Forgot Password. This will bring up a password reset process tied to your Google Account associated with your device.

Danksagungen0

Thanks for a reply, but my phone only shows main screen, and half of it is taken up by keyboard asking for me to enter password.  I do not have three dots on top right of screen.  Also, I never set up screen lock to activate, so I am clueless as to why this has happened.  All started when I installed Norton Mobile Security and added the App Lock feature with a password.

Danksagungen0

Can you post a screenshot of your screen when this keyboard is showing?

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

If you do not see the screen below, App Lock is not yet being called. If you do, you will see the three dots I am referring to.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.