• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

Password Manager won't launch over HughesNet

I cannot get Password Manager to launch over HughesNet.  After more than 20 years of using Norton, this is the first time I have encountered a problem with it that I can't fix myself.  This is a new problem, it began a few months ago.  I use the exact same machine and OS (Windows 10, edge) in town at my office where we have very wide bandwidth over fiber, and it works just fine there.  But at home in the country over HughesNet the Password Manager won't launch.  I notice from some other threads that there are other problems with some Norton apps over HughesNet.  I suspect the problem has something to do with the HughesNet datastream or the latency, but I'm not sure.

Does anybody else have this problem?  Any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Robert Oder

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Password Manager won't launch over HughesNet

Hello Robert. From the Hughsnet website located here, it appears they offer Norton there as well. Hughsnet can and does present latency issues because it is satellite based and dependent on its own DNS and other settings. That can be the source of the issues with connection to the cloud services Norton uses for the vault. Follow this guide and check your network cost awareness settings in your Norton settings.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.836 / N360 Deluxe 22.20.2.57 / Norton Core v.200513_304 on Android 2.26 / Opera GX w/Chrome Extensions

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.