• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

"ccSvcHst.exe" Issues with Norton Internet Security

Hi, Everyone,

It seems I am getting High C.P.U. from ccSvcHst.exe which is really slowing down the performence of the computer with which I use, and Norton 2010 Products are meant to not slow you down. 

- X.P.; 03.

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: "ccSvcHst.exe" Issues with Norton Internet Security

Floating_Red wrote:

Hi, Everyone,

It seems I am getting High C.P.U. from ccSvcHst.exe which is really slowing down the performence of the computer with which I use, and Norton 2010 Products are meant to not slow you down. 

- X.P.; 03.

You haven't reinstalled recently, have you?  You know that it will want to do a full scan at reinstallation time; and, I think, monthly after that.  So that is one possibility.  Have you tried running a full scan and leaving it until it is done.

Other things that seem to stimulate ccSvcHst are file manipulation (such a searching, which hits a lot of files) and running an application (especially a new one) that invokes a lot of standalone subroutines.

This hasn't been a problem for me ... yet.  But I also like to do full scans every couple of weeks.

mijN360 2013, v.20.1.0.24; Win7 Pro, SP1 (32 bit), IE 9, Firefox 14, No other active securityware
Danksagungen0

Hi, mijcar,

Thank-you for your suggestions, but a Full System Scan isn't an Issue for me, and I only really noticed this in the 17.1 Version; having mentioned that, since Microsoft Released that Out-Of-Bound Fix for the I.E. Update one or two weeks' ago to Fix Issues in the October 2009 Security Updates for I.E., I have seen Issues with my computer, most noteable, I.E..

Thursday, November 21, 2013: The THREATCON was changed to Level 1: Normal | Tue., Nov. 05, 2013: Zero-Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Security Advisory 2896666 | Saturday, November 09, 2013: Cyber-Criminals Serve Up A Veritable Smorgasbord Of Threats For South Koreans | Wednesday, October 09, 2013: New Internet Explorer Zero-Day Targeted In Attacks Against Korea And Japan [C.V.E.-2013-3897]
Danksagungen0

Hi Red

Could the problems you are seeing now with IE have something to do with that weird homepage you mentioned earlier when you had problems with the Symantec website?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.9.63 Core Firmware 288 Android App 2.22 Chrome latest version.
Danksagungen0

Hello, floplot,

Yes, am beginning to think that; still no idea what caused it, which is now worrying me... Although, maybe there was an issue with the Web Site as Hugh suggests, or it could be something Microsoft has done. 

Anyway, I'd still like to get this ccSvcHst.exe Issue sorted out as soon as possible; it does tend to flare up every now and then...

Message Edited by Floating_Red on 11-16-2009 10:41 PM
Danksagungen0

Hi Red

To me if there is a high cpu usage associated with ccSvdHse.exe and you did have that weird home page incident, that would mean your computer is fighting very hard to keep that what ever from harming your computer any further. Maybe this thread needs to be combined with your other one when you first mentioned the weird homepage problem.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.9.63 Core Firmware 288 Android App 2.22 Chrome latest version.
Danksagungen0

Hi again, floplot,

While I repect your comment, I would still like this to be on a Thread of it's own, which is why I Created a New Message, because there is no evidence to suggest that the two are linked.  Even with I.E. Closed, I was still getting high C.P.U..  I will, however, investigate this further.

Danksagungen1 Stats

Floating_Red wrote:

Hello, floplot,

Yes, am beginning to think that; still no idea what caused it, which is now worrying me... Although, maybe there was an issue with the Web Site as Hugh suggests, or it could be something Microsoft has done. 

Anyway, I'd still like to get this ccSvcHst.exe Issue sorted out as soon as possible; it does tend to flare up every now and then...

Message Edited by Floating_Red on 11-16-2009 10:41 PM

FR, I apologize in advance, but I am going to return to my original concern of a malware infection.  You are actually the second person to describe undetected weird behavior in the past three weeks.  The first person uncovered malware and I think it has been recognized and dealt with ... I think.

But the constant interaction of ccSvsHst does suggest some sort of conflict taking place.  (Yes, I know I am anthropomorphizing software, but that's the best description.)   Perhaps there is something trying to block Norton or to open or modify it.  I am surprised that there is no mention of such a thing in your Norton History, but perhaps the type of conflict is not something that Norton would directly recognize as an attack.  It's weird ...

I can't remember:  Did you run Hijackthis?  And did you run one of those rootkit programs Quads always recommends?

mijN360 2013, v.20.1.0.24; Win7 Pro, SP1 (32 bit), IE 9, Firefox 14, No other active securityware
Danksagungen0

Hi Floating_Red

I hesitated to submit this reply as your issue is way over my pay grade and you do point to M$ Updates & IE.

So, please excuse my rambling...

I recently noticed extended high usage over 50% which is unusual for my box.  Norton Insight Submission appeared to be stuck.  Status was Complete but line remained highlighted.  TM reported over 50 for ccSvcHst and System Idle Process.  This went on for almost two hours.  I considered End Process for System Idle but, chose to wait and see.  After about two hours I noticed box felt different... anthropomorphizing :-) .... I checked CPU Usage to find near 0 with Insight Submission not highlighted.  I suspect server connect issue?  

just ramblings

bjm_

Danksagungen0

Hi, mijcar,

If it is an Infection, then:

1. it must be something that Norton, Malwarebytes' and SUPERAntiSpyware are Not Detecting.

2. it must have slipped through very cleverly.

No, I haven't done a HiJackThis Log or a SysProt Anti-Rootkit Log, but am in the process of doing so...

Danksagungen0

bmj_,

Interesting information; thanks for your input.  I, too, having been having issues with Background Jobs, regarding the "Norton Community Watch", it would still be saying "Running", even when it wasn't Submitting anything.

Danksagungen0

Hi Floating_Red

I think I understand what caused my Norton Insight Submission stuck event.  I had another stuck Insight Submission (unsure of Submission frequency) event with 50 CPU usage - Highlighted Norton Insight Submission - Duration 6:24:40 - Ran During Idle - Status Complete. 

Upon wake from Sleep Mode I observed 50 CPU usage - Highlighted Norton Insight Submission - Duration 6:24:40 - Ran During Idle - Status Complete - TM ccSvcHst 50 & System Idle Process 50.   I proceeded with my session expecting System Idle Process would End and CPU usage to resume normal near 0.   My expectation never occurred.  50 CPU usage and stuck Norton Insight Submission continued during my session. 

I had to allow my box to go Idle for CPU to resume normal.  I do not understand why Background Job with Completed Status holds System Idle Process running 50 & ccSvcHst 50 even though Job has completed.  As remedy, I have to either confirm no Jobs highlighted before enabling Sleep Mode or upon wake from Sleep Mode.  I have to allow box to go Idle to End highlighted Job.   Unknown if this anomaly is limited to Sleep Mode.  A Completed Job should not run for +6 hours.

bjm_ 

Danksagungen1 Stats

Hello-hello-hello,

One or two Background Jobs are required to Run earlier than every six hours, such as Phishing Protection - don't know why symantec took this out of the 2010 Versions as that is a Critical Update - and Pulse Updates; I've Sent you a P.M. explaining this further as this is now going Off-Topic.  Thank-You.

However, with regard to the High C.P.U., it does seem to happen when the N.C.W. is stuck, but I do still get random bursts of High C.P.U. every now-and-then.

Once again, thank-you for your input.

Message Edited by Floating_Red on 11-18-2009 10:39 PM

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.