Gelöst.
Danksagungen0

How do I identify devices on My Norton page?

I have two Android phones which are both the same model. When I log onto the Norton site  to manage my devices how can I tell which is which. I have renamed the actual phones, but only the model is shown on the Norton site.

[Edit: Clarified Subject]

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

Re: How do I identify devices on My Norton page?

Yes, I thought of that but only the computers show as being on or off line, not the phones.

I found the same thing when testing before answering here. My Android and iOS devices do not show an Online or offline indication. 

In your case, the only thing I can suggest to identify which device is which, click on the three dots beside one of your mobile devices and choose to remove the device. That will deactivate the Norton product on one of your devices. It may take a little time to get to your device. Once you find which device got disabled, you can rename the remaining device. Then you can re activate Norton on the device that got disabled and rename that when it shows in the Devices page again.

I do not think this will change the device names in the My Subscriptions page.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

@Humble_Enduser

From here: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v57166780

Change the name of your devices in your Norton account
You can change the display name of your devices in your Norton account at any time. The display name helps you identify your devices in your Norton account.

RENAME YOUR DEVICE
Sign in to your account.

In the Device Security page, click the More options (…) icon available below the device that you want to rename.

In the menu that appears, click Rename Device.

In the Rename Device dialog box, type a new name for the device.

The name that you specify must be unique and must not exceed 40 characters.

Click Rename.

Hint - type in the new name that you have given to each android.  I have used the first initial of my and my wife's name to differentiate - ie:  LGEK30B (for Bruce) and LGEK30J (for Jan)

Danksagungen0

Yes, thank you, I know 'how' to rename them in my Norton account but which phone is which, ie, there are two phones shown there both are protected, both have the same model details, how can I find out which phone belongs to whom, so that I can rename them appropriately.

Also, there are two entries for my desktop machine, one showing as online, and the other not. Would it be safe to delete the one not shown as online. Could the double entry have happened when I had a new hard drive installed ?

Danksagungen0

@Humble_Enduser

Have you taken one of the phones "offline" and then checked your Norton Account to see which phone entry shows as offline, while the other shows as still online?

Danksagungen0

Yes, I thought of that but only the computers show as being on or off line, not the phones.

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

I found the same thing when testing before answering here. My Android and iOS devices do not show an Online or offline indication. 

In your case, the only thing I can suggest to identify which device is which, click on the three dots beside one of your mobile devices and choose to remove the device. That will deactivate the Norton product on one of your devices. It may take a little time to get to your device. Once you find which device got disabled, you can rename the remaining device. Then you can re activate Norton on the device that got disabled and rename that when it shows in the Devices page again.

I do not think this will change the device names in the My Subscriptions page.

Danksagungen0

OK, thanks. I'll do that.

Danksagungen0

i just purchased a new pc -- I have 360 and need to remove my old PC and add this one -- however there are two listed that I can't correspond to my old computer -- I look at manage licenses -- and all I see are 2 listings and one laptop -- but I don't know which is which ..

Danksagungen0

Uninstall Norton on your old PC then navigate to the manage licensees page on your new PC, and it will show the one which is not protected. You will then get the option to install on another device or just remove the old one. Hope this helps.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.