Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

cannot connect to norton server

keeps saying cannot connect to norton server

sometimes says make sure your firewall or parental control are not blocking the connection

no idea how to do this

only just got this new norton as got rid of kaspersky

running windows 11

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: cannot connect to norton server

I can  not download have had problems for hours now'

Danksagungen0

tjhis is what  i keep geting

Danksagungen0

debs_smith:

keeps saying cannot connect to norton server

sometimes says make sure your firewall or parental control are not blocking the connection

no idea how to do this

only just got this new norton as got rid of kaspersky

running windows 11

When you got rid of Kaspersky, before installing Norton did you fully remove it using the removal tool found here.   https://support.kaspersky.com/common/uninstall/1464

Danksagungen0

sometimes the server may get busy or not want to work ad it should not sure which or why

best thing to do is run the auto fix tool i found this best after a install

in classic mode at top right click help, than on left get support ( believe says or close to that off top my head)

it will run a diagnosis , and usually will find a install issue ( if just installing or reinstall) and have you restart

is this cant connect from a install that hasnt run the live update or after you got the updates?

Danksagungen0

norton opened the kaspersky uninstaller

not running programmes that say 'don't use unless the customer service engineer has told you' and 'any problem open in safe mode'

Danksagungen0

live updates seemingly have worked

can't run the diagnostic because it cannot connect to the norton server

have reboot and reinstalled

Danksagungen0

debs_smith:

norton opened the kaspersky uninstaller

not running programmes that say 'don't use unless the customer service engineer has told you' and 'any problem open in safe mode'

Are you sure it was the Kaspersky uninstaller or was it the Windows program uninstaller for Kaspersky?

Security software uninstallers are recommended by all AV product companies. If you do not get a complete uninstall of the product, the remnants that are left behind in case you wish to reinstall can interfere with the new AV product you are trying to use.

Danksagungen0

so downloaded the kaspersky uninstaller it said unable to find any products

randomly chose one product from the list of lots

norton still doesn't connect to server

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.