Gelöst.
Danksagungen0

Norton Adverts taking over a screen

Norton full page adverts appeared on my screen (I run 2 screens) over top of my work. This is a major issue. Is there anyway to disable a setting to NEVER see a full screen advert for "dont forget browser protection" from Norton, before i cancel my subscription. Or should i block norton somehow?

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

Re: Norton Adverts taking over a screen

attached is the add - im one of millions of customers so i wont be missed. Its a bit about the principle. Thankyou

Dateianhang: 

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Unfortunately, the marketing department has taken over the Norton products.

Generally the browser protection message is displayed in your browser after certain Norton updates come with LiveUpdate. I'm not sure which updates cause this, but as you see them all you have to do is close the browser tab. That will stop that message until the next time the specific update comes through again. So unfortunately, there is no way to permanently stop this particular messaging. 

Danksagungen0

It appears to have come through Firefox somehow. So i uninstalled Firefox. Yet to see if it worked. Thank you for your info. incessant forced advertising wears you down when every corporate organisation intrudes into your system thinking they are innovative and the only one. 

Danksagungen0

Just so you know, these messages about browser protection are going to pop up on whatever browser you set as default. It is not a Firefox issue.

Danksagungen0

Akzeptierte Lösung
Danksagungen0

attached is the add - im one of millions of customers so i wont be missed. Its a bit about the principle. Thankyou

Dateianhang: 
Danksagungen0

ChrisClark2:
File Attachment: norton.pdf

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.