Dieser Thread braucht eine Lösung.
Danksagungen0

How to PERMANENTLY turn OFF F*ing Norton Pop Ups!!!

Hello,

I have to say it REALLY speaks volumes at a scream when a company does NOT allow you to PERMANENTLY turn off their pop-up marketing and other notifications for their products.  It screams that the company is in financial trouble.

There are TONS of FREE computer/network security products these days and I am about to make the decision to switch from renewing my Norton subscription to going to one of those free products like for example, Defender which comes built into the Windows OS from Microsoft.  The price for a Norton subscription is beyond expensive, and beyond not worth it.

Now, for the problem that brings me here.  My problem and complaint is the same, from what I have seen by the TONS of other people's postings that are the same to my complaint, is with Norton's total as in 100% REFUSAL to give any options at all to PERMANENTLY get their product's/company's pop-up marketing and all other types of pop-up notifications to STFU PERMANENTLY!  Currently the only option for getting the pop-up notifications to STFU is for a MAXIMUM of 24 HOURS as in 1 DAY.  That is 100% unacceptable.  I do NOT want to see marketing notifications for ANY of their other products or services AT ALL.  If I want them I can find them easily, I do NOT want them shoved in my face when I am already a subscribing customer paying more than the product is worth these days especially when there are FREE options available (and which I am seriously considering switching to when my subscription is up for renewal).  I also want to be able to turn off all notifications for features I have made the conscious decision to NOT use.  I also want to be able to turn off PW notifications pertaining to suggesting I change my PW.  I know my PW may or may not have been exposed SOMEWHERE at SOME TIME, but you know what, so have billions of other people's PW and if I choose to not care that is MY DECISION quit bugging me about it.

That all being said, Norton if you do NOT have a way to PERMANENTLY (NOT ONLY FOR 24 HOURS/ONE DAY) turn off ALL notifications then when you do the next update on the products you need to make it a 100% PRIORITY to have your developers change that worthless 24 HOURS/ONE DAY option to include PERMANENTLY as one of the options/settings.

For the record, the price for the subscription for ONLY your internet security is just completely beyond being worth its price.

I have gone into all of the settings as all instructions have provided and with there only being the 24 HOURS/ONE DAY setting there is no other option I can find to turn off your notifications.

I have two laptops which are on:

Windows 11 Pro

Windows 10 Pro 

Norton 360

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: How to PERMANENTLY turn OFF F*ing Norton Pop Ups!!!

Hello AlisaK. First and foremost, I do NOT work for Norton in any manner. I donate my time here, as all Guru's do, helping others. My personal experience and recommendation is, downgrade to Norton Security. I use Norton Security Ultra on all my machines, vice one. The one machine has N360, I see exactly the same issues you are seeing on a constant basis. Although, not as frequent as you are describing. As far as the marketing and sell-up notices, there isn't any official way to stop them since it is baked into the software for it to present those addon features on a random basis. Norton, has to make the decision about scaling those back. Until then, we have to just deal with the issue. I can attest that I do NOT see the sell-ups on my Norton Security Ultra machines. That being said there are two files that can be renamed which will prevent some of the "tune-up scans".

First, disable tamper protection in Norton settings. This will allow you to rename two files are mostly responsible for scans we don't want to take place. 

Next: In your file manager, locate the two files named nuPerfScan.exe and tulH.exe . Rename them as I have done in the screenshot below. Save each file as you rename them. Once done go back and turn ON, Norton Product Tamper Protection again and reboot. Most of the scans involved with "extras" will now no longer run. Please keep in mind that when the next NGC or product updates are released we have to do this again or the scans will again appear as the updates will replace the files with the originals.

Hope this helps as it is my best answer to a problem we have zero control of. 

SA

MS Certified Professional : Windows 11 Home/Pro 23H2 x 64 build 22631.3155 / Windows 10 Pro x 64 version 22H2 / build 19045.4046 / Norton Security Ultra / Norton 360 Deluxe ver. 22.24.1.6 / Opera GX LVL5 (core:106.0.4998.76) 64 bit-Early Access w/Norton Chrome Extensions / Android 14 One UI 6.1
Danksagungen0

Re: How to PERMANENTLY turn OFF F*ing Norton Pop Ups!!!

@AlisaK Its been quite some times since the last post so I am following up with the thread and your progress. 

SA

MS Certified Professional : Windows 11 Home/Pro 23H2 x 64 build 22631.3155 / Windows 10 Pro x 64 version 22H2 / build 19045.4046 / Norton Security Ultra / Norton 360 Deluxe ver. 22.24.1.6 / Opera GX LVL5 (core:106.0.4998.76) 64 bit-Early Access w/Norton Chrome Extensions / Android 14 One UI 6.1

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.