• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen2 Stats

N360 v5 Toolbar issues with FF 4.0.1

The Firefox 4 compatibility hotfix of    04-06-2011 07:12 PM that was working for FF 4.0 was now disabled with todays new version of FF 4.01.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: N360 v5 Toolbar issues with FF 4.0.1

Hello
An update of Firefox 4, Norton cleared the bar.
Please proceed to update the bar to the new Firefox browser version 4.0.1

hope to answer
Thanks

Danksagungen0

antplus

The team is aware of the problem and they are working on a solutioin. As soon as they are sure it works correctly they will release it.

Look for an announcement in this community

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Danksagungen0

Yes, there is a problem

And yes, they are working on a solution

It will be announced just as soon as it has been tested

It's frustrating but then if it weren't for changes we'd get bored - not!

Dick Win 10x64 current current NSBU
Danksagungen0

good heads up...... pilgrim

Danksagungen0

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases...       firefox is coming june 21 just a little heads up

Danksagungen0

Currently, today's release of FIrefox 4.0.1 has broken the Norton Toolbar Hotfix, which had made the toolbar compatible with Firefox 4.0.0. 

Danksagungen0

I am a long time user of Norton but I am getting feed up with the problem you seen to be having with the new firefox toolbar..This is very frustrating...8(

Danksagungen0

Hi,

We understand the problems you are running into. Please go through the following thread to find Tony's comments.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Norton-Toolbar-not-compatible-with-FF...

Thanks!

Gayathri Rajendiran
Norton Forums Moderator
Symantec Corporation

Gayathri R | Norton Forums Global Community Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Danksagungen0

hello,

Norton toolbar 5.5 is not compatible with latest udpate of firefox which is version 4.0.1 

Danksagungen0

Hi everyone, please see Abhay's latest post for more information on this issue and the release of a fix. Thanks.

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Danksagungen0

Just add 30 days to my subscription and I’ll be happy.

Danksagungen0

When I received the latest update via LU, then ran the update to receive FF 4.0.1, the toolbar reappeared.  Thus far, everything has been working fine.  I think I posted this over on the NIS 2011 side, but did so by accident.  Anyway, so far so good! 

"Crack the glass in my head..."
Danksagungen0

Danksagungen0

I have run and rerun LU and am NOT receiving the new update i.e. return of my toolbar etc:(

Danksagungen0

360premier,I'm in Australia  and I have yet to receive the update also.I'm sure it can't be far away though.You know the old saying, "good things come to those that wait".

Danksagungen0

I think it's time we all realised if we want a tool to save our credentails and to log us into webpages so we don't have to continuosly type in personal information that we should purchase said tool from any vendor apart from Symantec. Let's face the facts, Symantec is failing terribly when it comes to the toolbars compatibility with Firefox. I have read all of the staff members posts in regards to this topic and it's just ridiculous. Several other companies have been able to keep their product(s) compatible with no where near as many issues as Symantec. Symantec keeps making excuses for why their product is not compatible when in reality, there is no real excuse for their laziness. Maybe if they spent less time trying to deceive their customers and more time working on their products we wouldn't be in this situation. All in all, Symantec really needs to pull their thumb out. I know I'm sick of hearing their pathetic excuses.

Danksagungen0

My toolbar is working again but mabey it's a combination because i used the previous hotfix we had to use for version 4.0

edit: and it worked for me since yesterday.

Danksagungen0

Danksagungen0

try combatibility mode in IE 9 tomg88

this site is made for older type of Internet explorer.

Danksagungen0

Funny, works well with the new Firefox and I expressing my displeasure at how long it's taking to get the fix for the toolbar.  None of my previous messages showed up in IE 9.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.