• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Help urgently needed with backup

Hi

I'm new to the forum, but it seems the only way to get help as none of the other online help pathways seem to work!

I have purchased online backup and backed up 2 machines.  However, I have now tried to download individual files on 3 different computers and although I can see the file names, when it starts to download the file it gets stuck on that.  Frankly, I gave up waiting for a 4 line word document to be downloaded after 20 minutes.

I am starting to wonder if I have wasted my money - my Norton anti-virus is up at the end of September so I need this sorting before I pay Norton any other money!

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Help urgently needed with backup

I have been trying to get my files restored for over 2 weeks; the product does not work.  No one will give me a name and an address to write a complaint.  I submitted a request to get my files restored manually - no response....

Danksagungen0

So how do I get any technical help - when I try all the other ways on the help page none of then work.  I am at a loss as to what to do.

Danksagungen0

Hello stockportsaint,

I'm doubtful its getting stuck. It may be a matter of the time it takes to rebuild the file for download. What precise screen and message are you seeing?

Keep in mind you are not downloading files on a 1:1 ratio. All of your data is encrypted, compressed and stored amongst multiple incremental backups. It takes time for the server to pull all the needed pieces, make it a downloadable package and then send it to you. Every single time the restore is stopped it has to kill your prior request and queue up another one.

There will always be a trade off of either having the data available immediately or have the security of the encryption and file history available. If it says its preparing files for transfer/restore it is definitely working.

stockportsaint wrote:

Hi

I'm new to the forum, but it seems the only way to get help as none of the other online help pathways seem to work!

I have purchased online backup and backed up 2 machines.  However, I have now tried to download individual files on 3 different computers and although I can see the file names, when it starts to download the file it gets stuck on that.  Frankly, I gave up waiting for a 4 line word document to be downloaded after 20 minutes.

I am starting to wonder if I have wasted my money - my Norton anti-virus is up at the end of September so I need this sorting before I pay Norton any other money!

Danksagungen0

Hello Huntshl

Please send me a private message containing the email address you sent the request from and to what address. I'll look into what happened with the request. Keep in mind manual restore requests are precisely that. The team handling those cases will work to help you resolve the issue with the restore over shipping discs.

huntshl wrote:

I have been trying to get my files restored for over 2 weeks; the product does not work.  No one will give me a name and an address to write a complaint.  I submitted a request to get my files restored manually - no response....

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.