• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Ghost 15 backing up from Segate goflex NAS drive to another drive.

I have been using Norton products for years and like them all but I have finally hit a wall on this one. I just purchased a new Segate 2tb nas drive which is partitioned as NFTS. Here is the issue and I can not seem to find any similar issues on this board when I try to backup the files that are on it to another hard drive by setting the ghost up to back up the drive letter it states that it is not a local disk fine I get that issue it kind of makes sense to me. But when I try and connect to as another computer I get rejected also saying it can not connect to the Norton services okay so I try to deploy the Norton ghost  agent Rejected again with this message. 

-Error E0D3EBC0: Cannot deploy the Agent to 192.168.0.9.
--The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

(UMI:V-0-211-60352)"

Any help would be great and Thank you RIchard

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Ghost 15 backing up from Segate goflex NAS drive to another drive.

Richard,

If I am not mistaken,

If you are trying to deploy the Norton Ghost Agent between computers on the network then all clients need Ghost loading on each one.

If you want to move backed up files off the NAS drive it is a simple matter of drag and drop or copy and paste to any computer on the network or storage device.

Ghost will backup a computer onto the NAS so long as it is "Mapped" so that means that the NAS is just a storage location.

I normally backup my main machine onto my NAS 2 or 3 times a year only as a archive storage device and I don't need Ghost to move those files around only to do a system restore from the NAS to host.

Hope that helps you understand the error.

Deric.

Danksagungen0

You can't deploy the Ghost agent to a NAS because the network storage is not running an operating system.  The agent is the Ghost service and cannot run without a local OS.

Ghost images or backs up drives on a sector by sector basis, you cannot that low level access to a drive over a network, thats why you can't use Ghost on it.

You may be able to do it if you phsically attach the NAS to the system running Ghost with a USB cable.  But that would depend if the drive shows up as fixed or removable.

As Deric mentioned, you really don't need to image a data drive, a simple file and folder backup is all you need.

Dave

Danksagungen0

To both thank you for the response I guess I was not totally clear what the end goal is, and than is to back up files that are on the GOflex drive to different drive. The reason is I wish to keep most of our family photo's and video's on there so the the wife can view them in other locations therefore I need to back them up somewhere else.

Thank you again for any help or guidance.

Richard

Danksagungen0

Richard,

I take it the NAS is on the network, all you need do is drag and drop or copy and paste, simple to do really.

I use the same technique to transfer all my "Hot" files each week from my main machine onto my NAS for storage and also onto the other computers on my home network.

Deric

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.