• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

NAV 12 ready for 10.8?

Morning,

Is Norton Antivirus 12.3 ready for MacOS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?

Greetings, Paul

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: NAV 12 ready for 10.8?

It's a good question.

Unfortunately, Symantec doesn't like to comment on compatibility until they can test against the consumer release (rumored to be happening on July 25th).  Their view is that changes could still happen between the Gold Master build and retail release.

The safest course of action would be to not upgrade until Symantec (or other members) post whether NAV 12 works properly or not on OS X Mountain Lion.

I'm not very encouraged this year, by the state of Symantec's AntiVirus and Internet Security software..  There are a number of long-standing bugs that still haven't been fixed for 10.7, not to mention the lack of toolbar support for Safari on OS X Lion and Snow Leopard.

Danksagungen1 Stats

Ryan has posted that NAV 12.3 is compatible with 10.8 GM, and that they'll let us know if there are any issues with the final release of 10.8.

I'm glad that Symantec has changed its stance and is informing its customers now about any OS compatibility issues.

Thank you, Ryan, for the news.

Danksagungen0

Still conused, now that 10.8 has been release can I count on NAV to make a smooth transition when I install the OS? Yes? No?

Danksagungen0

I've been running Norton IS 5.3 for a week with 10.8, and no problems what so ever.

Danksagungen1 Stats

Norton AntiVirus 12.3 is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 and Safari 6.

Please do not use Norton AntiVirus 12.0 installers with Mountain Lion, as those installers do not work on Mountain Lion. If you alrady have Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security installed, LiveUpdate will download and install Noroton AntiVirus 12.3 for you. There's no need to reinstall.

If you have since uninsatlled your Norton product, and wish to install it on Mountain Lion, you will need to obtain a new installer. There are technical support articles being published as we speak to address this scenario.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec
Danksagungen0

Upgraded to 10.8 upon realease and immediately could not open Norton AntiVirus. And, installer from Comcast does not seem to work on Mountain Lion. 

Danksagungen1 Stats

NAV 12.3 is the only version that's compatible with OS X Mountain Lion.  The Comcast software has been out-of-date for a while, and is not compatible with OS X Mountain Lion.

I guess it's some sort of licensing issue that still hasn't been worked out between Comcast and Symantec.

Danksagungen0

NAV 12.3 works fine here on OS X 10.8 but I have a question:

I can't see the Symantec Uninstaller in LaunchPad. Why not?

Danksagungen1 Stats

That is a 'feature' of Mountain Lion. It excludes the Symantec Uninstaller for LaunchPad. Apparently somebody at Apple didn't want it in there. You can verify this by looking at some private files in the LaunchPad resources.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.