• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Unknown application name and path in Connections

I am on:

MacOSX 10.7.4

Norton Internet Security 5.3 (64)

In the Connections window I am getting an "Unknown application" name and path. Is this something to be concerned about and if so, how can I block it? I've attached my Exported Connections LIst.

Thank you,

Kathlyn

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Unknown application name and path in Connections

I am on:

MacOSX 10.7.4

Norton Internet Security 5.3 (64)

In the Connections window I am getting an "Unknown application" name and path. Is this something to be concerned about and if so, how can I block it? I've attached my Exported Connections LIst.

Thank you,

Kathlyn

Danksagungen1 Stats

Unfortunately (or fortunately!) your exported connections list doesn't have anything called Unknown, so I can't really say what's going on in your particular case.

However in most cases, this happens because the connection was created before Mac OS X could tell us the name of it. It's usually not anything to be worried about -- it usually just means that Mac OS X lost track of this application's name for whatever reason. It's somewhat annoying, but it happens occassionally especially if there's lots going on.

If the application (whatever it is!) tries to do anything suspicious, we'll still block it, so there's not much to be worried about--it's just a visual glitch that you can't se the real name of it.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec
Danksagungen0

Thank you Ryan! 

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.