• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Can't Purge Files

When I click purge files I get this message:

Something went wrong

Norton Online Backup is sorry something went wrong and will look at it right away.

They've been saying that for days now. I need to back up and can't do it until I've purged my files.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Can't Purge Files

When I click purge files I get this message:

Something went wrong

Norton Online Backup is sorry something went wrong and will look at it right away.

They've been saying that for days now. I need to back up and can't do it until I've purged my files.

Danksagungen0

This message has been moved to a thread of its own.
Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Danksagungen0

Hi @Oldcurmudgeon,

Sorry for the inconvenience, please let us know if you are still facing an issue with purging Online backup data. 

Sunil G A                                          

Norton Forums Administrator

Symantec Corporation

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Danksagungen0

Thank you for your response.

No, unfortunately, I still haven't been able to solve this. I did have an online chat with support. After investigating for some time he told me he would be able to delete all my files. However, I just wanted to do a selective purge, getting rid of the less important files to make more room. He told me I couldn't do that. Is that true?

I still get the same message when I go to "purge files":

Something went wrong

Which, after all this time, is beginning to sound rather comical.

In any case, this brought up another issue, which is that although I only have 11.1gigabytes of files backed up, I am told that 100% of my 25 gigabytes of space is being used. The support person couldn't explain this and "escalated" my problem to a higher level. However, I was just left hanging for an hour and eventually gave up waiting for the higher level support person to arrive.

No offense to you personally, support guy, but this is a terrible product with misleading advertising and inadequate tech support.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.