• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Samsung Mega

I have repeatedly reinstalled Norton Mobile on a Samsung Mega and through Norton's Desktop management tool while adding it as a device to my account. Each time I try to open the application (via the playstore, or from a shortcut or app icon), an alert tells me it's already installed and my choices are to either "uninstall" or "cancel".

Please let me know if any more details are required.

Thanks

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Samsung Mega

I have repeatedly reinstalled Norton Mobile on a Samsung Mega and through Norton's Desktop management tool while adding it as a device to my account. Each time I try to open the application (via the playstore, or from a shortcut or app icon), an alert tells me it's already installed and my choices are to either "uninstall" or "cancel".

Please let me know if any more details are required.

Thanks

Danksagungen0

Hi  afamaral - Welcome to the Norton Community.

If you go to the settings on your device by tapping the Menu button
then Settings, the App or Application Settings and scroll down thru
the apps do you see Norton Mobile Security (NMS) listed.?

Is this a free version of NMS or the paid full version.?

Also what version of Android do you have installed on your device.?

Is it a factory operating system or is it a rooted custom OS.?

Also have you tried logging into the NMS web based Control Panel
to see if your device is registered.? This can be done by going to the
web URL or by using the link below -

https://mobilesecurity.norton.com/

Click on the link above then sign in with your Norton Account details
linked to the NMS app and your device, do you see your device listed.?

Just a few questions that if answered will really assist us to try and
help with this unusal issue that you have with your device and NMS.

Keep us posted on how you go. :)

Cheers.

Danksagungen0

Hi, Thanks for your reply:

I apparently have two copies of Norton Mobile Security listed in my Application Manager:

#1 = version: 3.8.6.1533 and occupies 14.03MB
#2 = version 3.3.4.977 and occupies 12.2MB
(I'm thinking I should uninstall the older version or both - but will wait until I hear back from you.)

I downloaded NMS directly through the Google Play store and then tried using my desktop manager to add my device. I assume it's a free version which would be unlocked on the basis of my account... (although I may be completely off-base - I otherwise am not sure how to distinguish "free" from "paid full version".

My Android version is 4.2.2

RE: "Is it a factory operating system or is it a rooted custom OS.?"

The operating system is whatever modifications Samsung has done at their factory and was purchased via Bell, so other than Apps they've installed - I'm guessing the answer to your question is "factory operating system" - unless Samsung's approach toward their modifications is "rooting to a custom OS" (I'm not very familiar with rooting on Android OS - so am not entirely clear what you're asking).

RE: "Also have you tried logging into the NMS web based Control Panel to see if your device is registered.?"

Yes.
I first began "my journey" by discovering the problem on my device and have since made several attempts at uninstalling and reinstalling and adding the device via the control panel and the link it sends to my device - I have used both Norton's browser and the Play store to do that.

My Samsung Mega phone is not listed in the device manager and I have attempted installing from the link it sends to my device - which leads me back to the Play store.

I'm thinking I should uninstall everything Norton and start again - but don't see how that's going to give me a different result unless the problem arises from having multiple Norton products installed on it (Snap and ID Safe).

The Mega is as I understand it, a new release from Samsung and my purchase is still less than 2 months old now. I've made no modifications beyond downloading apps (strictly from the Google Playstore - although I may have grabbed one or two from Samsung's store - I've installed no games on the device and try to be mindful of app permissions.)

Thank you for your assistance with this.

Danksagungen0

Hi afamaral

Thank you for the information you have supplied that is very helpfull.

One last question then a few steps that you could take to try and resolve the issues that you have, and the question being do

you have a Norton 360 Multi-Device subscription .?

You could try the following -

If it were me with this issue first of all i would uninstall both NMS apps registered in the list of apps installed on the device using

the device Application Manager then i would log or sign into the NMS website ( https://mobilesecurity.norton.com/ ) and delete or remove the registered Samsung Mega device from there as well.

Then download a fresh version of NMS via the Google Play app and install then open NMS and sign in with your Norton account details and activate and register the NMS app and the device.

Then run a manual NMS LiveUpdate using the Menu > Settings > Then scroll down to the bottom of settings and tap Run LiveUpdate.

Hopefully now everything will be ok.

afamaral wrote -

I downloaded NMS directly through the Google Play store and then tried using my desktop manager to add my device. I assume it's a free version which would be unlocked on the basis of my account... (although I may be completely off-base - I otherwise am not sure how to distinguish "free" from "paid full version".

At the moment Symantec Norton offers a free 30 day trial of the full version of NMS which gives the user all of the Android security features that the app provides. Normally to use the full features of NMS the user would have to purchase the app for

$29.99 AU for a 1 year subscription which will cover multiple devices in your household.

Otherwise users can just use the free or lite version which locks some of the features so the user cannot access those particular usefull features, then the user can use the in app upgrade option to the full paid version of NMS.

Perhaps once NMS is installed you could try the following to see what details you find within the settings in regards to what

licence or subscription to NMS that you have installed.

Open NMS then tap Menu > About > License Information and see what details it supplies under Product Info and Subscription.

Keep us posted. :)

Cheers.