• Gesamte Community
    • Gesamte Community
    • Foren
    • Ideen
    • Blogs
Erweitert

Nicht was Sie suchen? Die Experten fragen!

Danksagungen0

Norton Family didn't stop child from setting up facebook

Using N.Family for over a year, monitor is on child's laptop, I tested it today to make sure it is still working, after using a forbidden website. Incognito monitoring has always been turned on along with specific blocked websites. Found out two days ago he set up a facebook account back in May and has been using it. Facebook was also in the forbidden website list. As of today I have access to his facebook account and he used his real birth date, which Norton was also supposed to monitor. Why didn't N.Family work and catch all of these? That's what I use it for.

Antworten

Danksagungen0

Re: Norton Family didn't stop child from setting up facebook

Hi ilem,

Just to make sure the Norton Family is installed and configured correctly on the laptop, can you please let me know what version of Norton Family is on the laptop?  To find if you have the latest version, please click the Norton Family icon in the system tray and select “About Norton Family”. 

When you log onto the laptop as the child, do you see a pop-up at lower right hand corner of the screen saying you are being monitored?

You mentioned you have been using the product over a year, do you see any web logs at Web -> Activity online after you log onto your Norotn Family online account?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

My version is  3.0.0.52

And Yes, the logo pops up saying the laptop is being monitored.

Yes, I see the web logs and they state that he "visited a blocked site" along with me getting the email alert.

I alos have his his laptop on right now (writing this from my laptop). I am able to access facebook from his favorites list or go directly through a browser search. Either way, facebook comes up with the "Oops" you shouldn't be here warning.

I have entered again 'www.facebook.com' into the block site listing and it comes back with an answer that it is already there. Why won't this block facebook.

Thanks

Danksagungen0

Ment to say the screen comes up WITHOUT the "Oops" you shouldn't be here.

Danksagungen0

Hi ilem,

When you try to visit another website which is also in the block list, do you get blocked?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Yes, all of them are blocked but facebook

Danksagungen0

Hi ilem,

I'd like to have a remote session with you.  If you are inerested, please send me a Private Message via the Forum for details.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Yes, I would like to have you help me. But I can't right now due to another engagement I have tonight. I will contact you tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help.

Danksagungen0

ilem,

I've sent you a Private Message via the Forum, please check it when you get a chance.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Hello

I had same issue,

facebook comes under several URL's which can bypass the block :)

Danksagungen0

Hi BJS002

Please let us know what version of Norton Family is running on the monitored device.  To find if you have the latest version, please click the Norton Family icon in the system tray and select “About Norton Family”. 

Can you also please check to make sure the Norton Family add-ons is enabled at Tools -> Manage Add-ons in IE if IE is used by the child.

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Danksagungen0

Hi ilem,

Thanks for having the remote session with me yesterday. 

Our development team checked the logs we collected and found the Norton Family browser plugin in IE has been disabled.  Please check the browser that your child uses to see if the add-on for Norton Family is enabled.  You can find it by clicking Tools -> Manage Add-ons in IE if IE is being used.

Thanks
Katie

Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.