Author: Gayathri_R30 Admin Posted: 20-Jul-2021 | 11:24AM · Edited: 22-Jul-2021 | 3:18AM · 0 Comments · Translation:
Norton Security 126.96.36.199 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- New Norton 360
- Norton 360 for Gamers
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
Below FAQ addresses some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
Norton Security 188.8.131.52
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What's new in Norton 184.108.40.206?
- Norton Crypto - A safer way to turn your idle PC into a money maker.
A safer and easier way to mine crypto and store your earnings in the cloud more securely. For more information, please visit Introducing Norton Crypto blog.
- This is a throttled release
- Norton Crypto is currently available only in the U.S. This feature will be made available to other regions soon.
- Minimum Hardware requirements:
- Graphics card - Nvidia cards with minimum 6 GB memory
- Processor - 1 GHz
- RAM - 2 GB (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
- Hard disk space - 300 MB of available hard disk space
- Operating System requirements:
- Norton Crypto is supported on Windows 7 SP1 and later, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Norton Crypto is not supported on Windows 10 in S mode and Windows running on ARM processors
- Remote Assistance Scam warning notification: When a customer attempts to open a website that allows remote connection to computers, there would be a notification to alert the customer about a potential scam attack.
- Smart scan is enhanced to scan for user’s personal information on data broker websites and display it in Advanced Issues
- Minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements.
5. Where can I post my queries?
- Norton 22.21.6 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
- Norton 22.21.6 targets versions 220.127.116.11 & 18.104.22.168 builds
- This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)