Norton Security 184.108.40.206 for Windows is now available!
Author: Gayathri_R30 Admin Posted: 05-Aug-2022 | 4:19PM · Edited: 09-Aug-2022 | 6:10AM · 0 Comments · Translation:
Based on telemetry data, we have made some backend changes. We have released Norton Security 220.127.116.11 for Windows. This version will target 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 builds. Customers on Norton Security 188.8.131.52 will not see any version change.
Norton Security 184.108.40.206 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- New Norton 360
- Norton 360 for Gamers
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help.
Below FAQ addresses some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
Norton Security 220.127.116.11
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What's new in Norton 18.104.22.168?
- Due to new cybersecurity regulations in India, customers located in India won't have access to Norton Secure VPN - see Accessing Norton Secure VPN in India
- Dark Web Monitoring scan is now included as part of the Smart Scan
- The Advanced Issues screen's header height has been reduced to display more results
- ‘Run Smart Scan’ option is provided in classic UI and toasters
- SONAR feature's name has been changed to Behavioral Protection
- Branding updates
- Auto-populate masked username on Norton Secure Login screen to help users login using the correct username
- Other minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements
5. Where can I post my queries?
Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them in Norton Crypto board.
- Some of the features are being throttled
- Norton 22.22.7 supports: Windows 7 SP1 with SHA2, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Norton 22.22.7 targets versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199.
- This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)