Norton Security for Mac 8.8.0 is now available!
Author: Gayathri_R30 Admin Posted: 23-Aug-2022 | 4:04PM · Edited: 08-Sep-2022 | 8:06AM · 0 Comments · Translation:
We are happy to release Norton Security for Mac 8.8.0 for all supported languages.
The below FAQ addresses some common questions:
1. How can I download this update?
This build is available as a patch via LiveUpdate only. Manual LiveUpdate will NOT fetch this patch.
This new update is available for:
- Norton 360
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- For macOS OSX 10.15.x & above, reboot is required
- This is a phased release. Applicable only to random endpoints.
2. What's new in this build?
- Apple Silicon Native support (ARM processors) without the support of Rosetta Emulator
- SYMC to NLOK certificate changes
- The below issues have been fixed:
- Repeated connection blocking alerts for Control center App
- Norton Security icon is bigger in size in Dock, Launch Pad etc.
- Other under the hood changes and minor bug fixes
3. Where can I post my queries?
Please visit the Norton 360 for Mac forum board to post your queries.
- We have moved Mac OS 10.10.x and Mac OS 10.11.x versions of our security software (Norton 8.7.3) into Maintenance Mode; These users will receive only virus definition and not the product updates. Please refer to this post for more details.
- Mac OS X 10.12.x to 10.14.x users will receive Norton Security for Mac 8.7.5.