Norton Security for Mac 8.8.4 is now available!
Author: Gayathri_R30 Admin Posted: 23-Feb-2023 | 12:05PM · Edited: 26-Feb-2023 | 1:31PM · 0 Comments
We are happy to release Norton Security for Mac 8.8.4 for all supported languages.
The below FAQ addresses some common questions:
1. How can I download this update?
This build is available as a patch via LiveUpdate only. Manual LiveUpdate will fetch this patch.
This new update is available for:
- Norton 360
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus Plus
2. What's new in this build?
- New VPN certificates are available. When customers try to Turn ON the VPN for the first time after installing this update, keychain password will be prompted to authenticate and add the new configuration. When prompted, customers should enter the password and click on Always Allow
- Defect Fixes & Engineering Enhancements:
- Repeated At Risk alert display is partially fixed for Liveupdate failures.
- Other under the hood changes and minor bug fixes
3. Where can I post my queries?
Please visit the Norton 360 for Mac forum board to post your queries.
- We have moved Mac OS 10.10.x and Mac OS 10.11.x versions of our security software (Norton 8.7.3) into Maintenance Mode; These users will receive only virus definition and not the product updates. Please refer to this post for more details.
- Mac OS X 10.12.x to 10.14.x users will receive Norton Security for Mac 8.7.5.