Announcing Norton Security 22.16 update for Windows
[Updated on October 25, 2018: Norton Security 220.127.116.11 full installer now available from Norton Download portals]
Please note that Norton Security 18.104.22.168 version is not available via LiveUpdate as this is a minor update with new Norton UI(User Interface) additions in install/uninstall flow and Win 10 RS5 driver certification. Our current Norton drivers are RS5 certified so there is no immediate requirement to move to 22.214.171.124.
Customers reinstalling Norton using NRnR(Remove and Reinstall), downloading it for the first time or if installing on another device will get this version.
Note: Customers running Norton Security 126.96.36.199 can download and install Norton 22.16.1 update from Norton Management portal.
Norton Security 188.8.131.52 product update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
To verify you have the update for Norton Security 184.108.40.206, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
1. What is the version number for this patch?
Norton Security 220.127.116.11
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. Whats's new in Norton 18.104.22.168?
- Norton 22.214.171.124 product version is compatible with Windows 10 Redstone 5 (RS5) Operating System
- The "Identity" pillar in the Norton Main UI has been renamed to "Online Safety"
- The "Identity Safe" product name updated to "Password Manager" (Exception for Japan)
- Norton 22.16 will not be available for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 SP 0 operating systems
- Norton 22.16 supports: Windows 7 SP1 and higher, 8, 8.1 & Windows 10