Announcing Norton Security 6.7.1 patch update for Mac
We are releasing Norton Security 6.7.1 update for customers running Norton Security 6.x via LiveUpdate. To download this update, simply run LiveUpdate.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
Below FAQ's addresses some common questions:
1. How can I download this update?
- This patch is available via LiveUpdate ONLY
2. What are the languages this update is available for?
- All supported languages.
3. Changes & Bug Fixes
- This patch will help Users upgrade their product to the latest available version of Norton Security for Mac 7.7, for free
Below is the flow of upgrade to 7.x once the upgrade prompt appears on 6.x
Please refer "Norton product upgrade for Mac" Norton Support article for more details.
Here are the experiences considering the different subset of Users based on Mac OS versions,
- For Mac OS “10.10.x and above”, Users on Norton Security versions 6.7.0 and 6.7.1 will get the upgrade alert through which they can get upgraded to Norton Security version 7.x
- For Mac OS “10.9.x and below”, Users will need to update to Norton Security version 6.7.1 to receive this free upgrade to 7.7
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the Norton for Mac forum board.