Discontinuation of Norton Anti-Theft
As of December 2, 2014, Norton Anti-Theft will be discontinued. The following FAQ's helps you answer your queries that are related to this End-of-Life announcement.
What is happening?
As part of a portfolio simplification process, starting December 2, 2014, we are phasing out some of our old products, including Norton Anti-Theft.
What is the timeline for this change?
We will complete this process in two steps:
- On December 2nd, 2014, we will stop selling new subscriptions to Norton Anti-Theft.
- On June 1st, 2015, we will stop allowing subscription renewals to Norton Anti-Theft.
- How does this announcement affect me?
Your Norton Ant-Theft subscription will continue to work during your current subscription period. When your subscription comes up for renewal, there are two options:
- If your subscription expires before June 1st, 2015: You will be able to renew your Norton Anti-Theft subscription one last time.
- If your subscription expires after June 1st, 2015: You won't be able to renew your Norton Ant-Theft subscription.
- I have auto renewal turned on. What happens to me?
Depending on when your subscription expires, one of the following will happen:
- Before June 1st, 2015, we will renew your product following the standard renewal procedure. There is nothing you have to do.
- After June 1st, 2015, we will turn off Automatic Renewal automatically.
- What about future system (operating systems) support?
You can still use Norton Anti-Theft, but please note that we may not be updating the supported operating systems for it. You can check on this page for a list of current operating systems that are supported by Norton Anti-Theft.
- Where can I find support for Norton Anti-Theft?
Visit the Norton Anti-Theft support portal, you can find all the needed information and also contact Norton Support for help by Live Chat or phone.
Knowledge base Article: End-of-Life announcement of Norton Anti-Theft