Discontinuation of Norton Hotspot Privacy
As of October 6, 2014, Norton Hotspot Privacy product will be discontinued. The following FAQ’s helps you answer your queries that are related to this End-of-Life announcement.
1. What does it mean that Norton Hotspot Privacy was discontinued?
As of October 6, 2014, customers will no longer be able to purchase new subscriptions or renew existing subscriptions of Norton Hotspot Privacy. However, customers can continue to use their existing version of Norton Hotspot Privacy throughout the duration of their current subscription.
2. Why was Norton Hotspot Privacy discontinued?
Symantec continually evaluates the services and products we offer our customers. As a result, the decision has been made to discontinue selling the Norton Hotspot Privacy product.
3. If I have a current subscription, can I still use it?
Yes, customers can continue to use their existing version of Norton Hotspot Privacy throughout the duration of their current subscription.
4. What about future system (operating systems) support?
Symantec will NOT be able to support new system updates. The currently supported platforms will remain the same:
• Apple iOS 4.3, iOS 5.x, iOS 6.x, iOS 7.x
• Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.7 (Lion), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
• Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
5. Will Norton Hotspot Privacy work on the new iOS 8 operating system?
No, iOS 8 will not be supported.
6. What can I do if my operating system is not supported?
Current customers who upgrade to a new operating system have two options. They can transition to a product for which Symantec has arranged a one-year free subscription or request a pro-rated refund. Current customers can find more information by logging into their account at: https://hotspot.norton.com/
7. I have a problem with Norton Hotspot Privacy. Can I still get support?
Product support for Norton Hotspot Privacy will be available through the life of your subscription or until October 6, 2015, whichever is later. It includes phone, chat, and knowledge base support.
Knowledge base Article: End-of-Life announcement for Norton Hotspot Privacy
Sunil G A
Norton Forums Administrator