Author: Sunil_GA30 Admin Posted: 10-Nov-2014 | 10:28AM · 0 Comments · Translation:
As of December 2, 2014, Norton One will be retired in order to transition to our new portfolio. You can keep using Norton One at this time, the following FAQ helps you answer your queries that are related to this discontinuation of Norton One.
What is happening?
We just announced our new portfolio of security products. Our new products, Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup, aim to simplify our offering while still providing the best protection in the market. As part of this process, we are also phasing out some of our old products, including Norton One.
What is the timeline for this change?
We will complete this process in two steps:
- On December 2nd, 2014, we will stop selling new subscriptions to Norton One.
- On June 1st, 2015, we will stop allowing subscription renewals to Norton One.
How does this affect me?
Your Norton One subscription will continue to work during your current subscription period. When your subscription comes up for renewal, there are two options:
- If your subscription expires before June 1st, 2015: you will be able to renew your Norton One subscription one last time.
- If your subscription expires on or after June 1st, 2015: you won't be able to renew your Norton One subscription - we will offer you an alternative product for purchase at that time.
I have auto renewal turned on or have a monthly subscription. What happens to me?
Depending on when your subscription expires, one of the following will happen:
- If your subscription expires before June 1st, 2015: we will renew your product following the standard renewal procedure. There is nothing you have to do.
- If your subscription expires on or after June 1st, 2015: we will turn off your automatic renewal. You will be prompted to renew and offered an alternative product for purchase when your subscription expires.
Is there anything else I should know?
As part of the portfolio simplification, Norton Anti-Theft is also retiring. You can still use Norton Anti-Theft as part of your Norton One subscription, but please note that we may not be supporting new releases of operating systems. You can check on this page for a list of current operating systems that are supported by Norton Anti-Theft.
For more info on Discontinuation of Norton Anti-Theft
Any other questions?
Log in to your Norton One account and click on Get Support to reach a live agent who can help you with any questions or concerns or visit the Norton One support page.
Knowledge base Article: End-of-Life announcement of Norton One