Author: Gayathri_R30 Admin Posted: 16-Nov-2020 | 8:23PM · Edited: 25-May-2021 | 10:56AM · 0 Comments · Translation:
Cyber threats have evolved, and so have we. Introducing a brand new Norton 360 Android app! It brings together the best of security protection features from Norton Mobile Security with Privacy and Identity capabilities. All in a completely redesigned single app with a unified experience which adapts to customer’s entitlements.
Norton 360 provides powerful layers of protection for your Android device against viruses, ransomware, malware, and other online threats as you bank, browse and shop online. Your personal information has protection at home and on-the-go with bank-grade encryption from our Secure VPN. It helps block cybercriminals from accessing personal information sent and received when connecting to home and public Wi-Fi. It also checks for the latest security patches and OS updates. And, it monitors for vulnerabilities and cyberattacks that attempt to leverage OS vulnerabilities for malicious purposes.With Dark Web Monitoring^§^ Powered by LifeLock™, we’ll scan the dark web for your information and notify you if it’s found.
Key features for Android phones or tablets
- App Advisor for Google Play: Scans and lets you know if apps contain risks before you install them from Google Play.
- Safe Web: Helps detects and warns you about the fraudulent websites before you visit them.
- Safe Search: helps protects your device and your personal data from malicious sites that install ransomware, trojans, and other cyberthreats.
Norton Safe Search does not provide a security rating for paid search results (sponsored links) nor does it filter out potentially unsafe sponsored links from the search results.
- Wi-Fi Security: Scans and identify compromised networks and networks under attack so you can reconnect to secure networks.
- Device Security: Alerts you when your operating system is out of date, so you can take action to secure and protect your device against its vulnerabilities that attackers may use to access your device and your data.
- Ransomware Recovery: Scans apps for screen-lock ransomware that locks your device until a payment is made and crypto-ransomware that encrypts valuable content to hold your file hostage.
- Scan Apps: Scans and helps you remove existing apps with virus, spyware, and other potential cyberthreats.
- Real-time Scan: Automatically scans and better protect your device from malware and risky apps.
- VPN: Protection for your device against cybercriminals on compromised networks and help you browse more anonymously.
This feature is available only for users subscribed to Norton 360 for Mobile or Norton 360 plans that include Secure VPN. This feature is not available in all countries.
- Identity Theft Protection: Identity is a feature that monitors your personal information on the dark web and notifies you if your personal information is detected.
This feature is available only for users subscribed to Norton 360 for Mobile or Norton 360 Deluxe that includes Dark Web Monitoring Powered by LifeLock^1^ or Norton 360 subscription that includes LifeLock^2^ Identity Theft Protection. This feature is not available in all countries.
^1^Dark Web Monitoring within Norton 360 for Mobile or Norton 360 Deluxe plans defaults to monitoring your email address and begins immediately. Sign in to your account to enter additional information for monitoring purposes.
^2^LifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses.
- Multiple subscription offers (including Norton 360 Deluxe) would be presented to new customers, allowing them to subscribe directly from Google Play app store.
Current Norton Mobile Security customers will receive an upgrade and maintain their current subscription.
- Customers with Norton 360 subscriptions will automatically start seeing new Identity and Privacy features they’re entitled to.
- Free Norton Mobile Security users will need to opt-in into a trial subscription.
- The initial limited rollout will target USA, Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Australia, and New Zealand.
- The rollout is in a phased manner.
- Not all features will be available for all the regions at this time.