New Norton Secure Login Page
The Norton Secure Login page has been updated. This version contains significant changes to the user interface, and Two-Factor authentication update.
The Sign In page user interface gets a new look and feel
Two-factor authentication for your Norton account
Two-factor authentication is a security feature that adds an extra layer of security for your Norton account. If you enable this feature, you need to enter your Norton account password and a special verification code sent to your phone via text, voice, or mobile app. This code is specific to your Norton account and changes every time you sign in.
Different forms of two-factor authentication:
· App-based authentication
You receive the verification code through an authenticator app. You can download any free authenticator app such as VIP access, Google Authenticator, and Microsoft Authenticator. On your phone's App store, search for an authenticator app and install it.
· SMS-based verification
You receive the verification code to your mobile phone through a text message.
· Voice phone call
You receive the verification code through a voice call to the number of your choice. The number can be a mobile or landline. Note down the code that you hear.
· Security key
Your authentication happens through the FIDO secure key. Insert the key to the USB port of your computer and press the button when prompted for verification.
How do I enroll for two-factor authentication for my Norton account?
To use the two-factor authentication feature for your Norton account, you need to configure at least two of the three verification methods, in any combination.
1. Sign in to Norton.
2. In the top-right corner of the page, click your profile icon and then click Personal Information.
3. In the Account Settings page, in the Two-Factor Authentication section, click Set Up.
If you see the option Verify your email, it could be because your email address has not been verified by Norton. Click that option to get a verification email. Open the email that you received and click the Confirm Now link to proceed with two-factor authentication setup. The verification email has the following details:
- From: email@example.com
- Subject: Welcome to Norton Secure Login - Confirm Email Address
4. Choose any one of the following primary verification methods.
You need to set up two methods (primary and backup). You can change them at any time by signing in to your account.
5. If you want to use an authenticator app, do the following:
Select Mobile authenticator app and then click Next:
- Download any authenticator app on your phone from Google Play or App store, or open an authenticator app that you already have on your phone and do the following:
- Scan the QR code on the screen with your authenticator app to register your Norton account with the app.
Enter the six-digit code shown on the authenticator app.
6. If you want to use a security key, do the following:
Select Security key and then click Next.
- Connect the security key to the USB port in your device.
- Push or touch the button in the security key.
7. If you want to get the code as a message or voice on your mobile, do the following:
Select Mobile phone number and then click Next.
Enter your mobile number to which you want to receive the code as SMS. To receive the code as a voice message, click Call me with a code.
Enter the six-digit code that you received and click Verify.
8. Choose any one of the backup methods for receiving the code. Depending on your choice, use the information in the above steps to set up the method.
Backup method is used in case your primary method does not work. So, choose a different method than the one that you set up for a primary method. For example, if you have selected Mobile authenticator app as the primary method, choose Mobile phone number or Security key as the backup method.
9. Click Finish.
For more information, please take a look at FAQ: Two-factor authentication for your Norton account KB article.