Norton 22.5.4 Product Update available now
[Update: The 22.5.4 update is now available in all supported languages on 30-Sep-2015]
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Security, Norton Security with Backup, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.5.4 and have released the update. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQ's below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 220.127.116.11. This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.
4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated.
5. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 18.104.22.168:
* Fixes an issue where 'iTunes Hangs when trying to Eject'
* Fixes an issue where 'Display driver issues leading to 'product not starting’
* Fixes an issue where 'Nothing happens when I click on Scan'
* Several fixes for desktop flickering issues' and other problems with Win10 upgrades.
* Clean up left over items during a Windows 10 upgrade to prevent Live Update errors
* Fix for a crash in Hebrew specific layouts.
* Fixes the alignment issue on clicking help in main UI
* Fixes an issue where 'Auto-Protect is Greyed out'
- and other fixes...
One other thing to note about this release...
- Check out the functionality of the “Help” option on the main UI. Instead of opening a drop down menu it now launches a help page with links to various areas for help.