Norton 22.6 Product Update available now
[Update on 25-May-2016: The Norton 22.6 patch is now available for Staples (Canada) Norton customers via Live Update]
[Update on 23-March-2016: The Norton 22.6 patch is now available for Comcast Norton Security Suite customers via Live Update]
[Update on 14-March-2016: The Norton 22.6 patch has been posted back to Live servers and available for download]
[Update on 11-March-2016: The Norton 22.6 patch has been pulled back from the LiveServers & will not be available for download]
[Update on 07-March-2016: Norton 22.6 patch is now available for all customers via Live Update (Manual) ]
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Security, Norton Security with Backup, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus, Norton Security Suite & Norton Staples layout 18.104.22.168 and have released the update. This update is now available for all customers and is available in all supported language. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQ's below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 22.214.171.124 This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.
4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated.
5. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus, Norton Security Suite & Norton Staples Layout 22.6.0:
- Renamed "Norton File Insight" to “File Insight” in the context menu
- Added a new toggle for PEP [Pro-Active Exploit Prevention] under Firewall settings
- Added Norton Safe Search Popup for Comcast Norton Security Suite Layouts which Enables customer to set Norton as Default Search provider. [Patch not yet available to Norton Security Suite]
- Added an option to remove Norton if set as default home page and default search provider
- Fixed an issue where Google Chrome toaster gets truncated when displayed.
- Fixed an issue where Remediation task continues to run periodically, waking computer from sleep mode, Win7 and Win10. [Thread 1] [Thread 2]
- Fixed an issue where Auto-protect option is greyed out after 22.5.2 update.
- Fixed an issue where Anti-Spam stops filtering Outlook emails after updating from 21.x to 22.5.x.