Norton 22.7 Product Update available now
[Update on 28-April-2017: Added footnote for IPS functionality covering https traffic, reflecting compatibility with IE and Firefox browsers only]
[Update on 21-July-2016: A Norton Product Hotfix has been released via LiveUpdate to fix issues reported by customers, including Auto-Protect issues and SONAR issues. This will update all languages for 22.214.171.124, and will not change the product version. It will appear in LiveUpdate and History as "NS/NSBU Product Update"]
[Update on 27-June-2016: A new Norton Security Toolbar Hotfix has been released via LiveUpdate to fix issues related to the Norton Toolbar. This will update all languages for both 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52, and will not change the product version. It will appear in LiveUpdate and History as "NS Product Update" and the file "coUICtlr.dll" will be updated to 2015.7.0.69 - details here]
[Update on 20-June-2016: The 184.108.40.206 product update has been posted back to the LiveUpdate server and is available for download. This update fixes an issue where Windows Action Centre reports incorrect status of the Norton product Thread 1, Thread 2 ]
[Update on 16-June-2016: The 22.7 product update has been pulled back from the LiveUpdate server and will not be available for download]
We have completed testing and have released the latest update of Norton Security 220.127.116.11. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported language. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Comcast Norton Security Suite
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQ's below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 18.104.22.168 This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.
4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
5. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.7.0:
- Norton 22.7 is fully compatible with the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Redstone).
- The IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) included in Norton Security now detects attacks using https connections, and stops those attacks before they take up residence on the device*.
- Introducing Static Data Scanner (SDS): These user-mode modules enable an enhanced security model, improved protection efficacy and better resource management.
- Embedded the ability to 'add a device' during installation.
- The name “with Backup” has been removed from the UI in the “Norton Security with Backup“ clients. (Norton Security with Backup = Norton Security Premium)
- Significant performance improvements in Startup time, shutdown time on 'FastStartup' enabled PCs.
- Notifications are now more consistent with regards to how the user can close, minimize etc.,.
- Better rendering of the User Interface on high resolution displays and some of the graphics on the Main User interface.
Effective this release, Customers will be prompted with a Safe Search Nag Alert (Similar to Google Chrome) instead of a Popup (In Win 7, 8,8.1, Win 10 and RedStone). The IE extensions portal page (Below screenshot) will be opened after accepting the nag alert and the following Norton extensions can be downloaded from it:
- Norton Toolbar
- Norton Safe Search
- Norton Home Page
- Norton Identity Safe
- Fixed an issue where the Windows Action Center incorrectly reports the Norton Security status Forum Post1, Post2
- Fixed an issue where the performance feature health state goes into a red state after patching.
- Fixed an issue where the Norton Toolbar disappears from Internet Explorer on certain websites.
- Usability improvements to the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS).
- and other minor/backend fixes
Note: Norton 22.7 supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 & Redstone.
* Compatible with IE and Firefox browsers only. The compatibility with Google Chrome will be included in future version.