Norton 22.8 Product Update available now
[Update on 12/10: The patch is now available to everyone via LiveUpdate - it is no longer a throttled release]
Norton Security 220.127.116.11 is now available via LiveUpdate. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Suite
To verify you have the update for Norton Security 18.104.22.168, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
The FAQs below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 22.214.171.124.
2. When will I receive the patch?
This patch is available to everyone via LiveUpdate - it is not longer a throttled release.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is available via LiveUpdate. It is also available for download at Norton.com.
4. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in Norton Security, Norton Security with Back Up, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Antivirus and Norton Security Suite 22.8.0:
- Added a link to launch Norton Forums from the Help Center UI
- Added the ability to directly Add a Device from the Help Center UI
- Changed the flow for enabling browser based features in Firefox (SafeSearch, Security Toolbar, and Identify Safe)
- Additional prompts to configure the newly added ID Safe support for Firefox.
- Removed the optical (CD-DVD) backup feature due to general trend to obsolescence. The product will continue to support restore from optical media.
- Minor usability tweaks to the way the 'More Norton' pillar of the main UI is toggled
- Fixed an issue where sometimes CPU would spike to 100% when running scans on SSD drives
- Fixed an issue where sometimes full system scans fail to complete
- Fixed an intermittent problem where the Norton Toolbar disappears in IE
- Fixed an issue where Safeweb markups were not working for the Japanese translations of Bing and Yahoo search
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Norton would prevent the computer from going into sleep mode
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Norton Insight jobs would fail to run in the background
- Fixed an issue where Safeweb markups were not working on Yahoo search on Chrome
Note: Norton 22.8 supports: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 10 Anniversary Update.