Norton 22.8.1 Product Update available now
Norton Security 188.8.131.52 is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner in all supported languages. To download this update, simply run LiveUpdate.
This update is available for the following Norton products with versions 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11:
- Norton Security (Standard, Deluxe, Premium)
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Comcast Norton Security Suite
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
What is the version number for this patch?
- The version number is 18.104.22.168. This update is currently available via LiveUpdate only.
When will I receive the patch?
- As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
How can I manually install these patches?
- This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner.
I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
- Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
- Introducing Norton Shopping Guarantee (NSG) - US - English Only
What are the changes in this release?
- Fixed an issue where Identity Safe login loops and gets back to the 'Get Started' screen.
- Fixed an issue where 'Your version of Norton Security is not compatible...' message appears in action center notification after upgrading to Windows 10.
- Fixed an issue where product patches were failing to apply.
- Removed Soft-block on Malwarebytes & Hitman Pro.
- Fixed an issue where Norton conflicts with Windows Bitlocker and causes High CPU usage
- Other bug fixes.
Note: This patch requires a reboot in all Operating Systems