Author: Gayathri_R30 Admin Posted: 22-Sep-2020 | 9:46AM · 0 Comments
Norton Privacy Builder is a browser extension designed for Google Chrome to save your time and submit a Do not sell opt-out request. Norton Privacy Builder makes it easier to exercise your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) right to opt out from selling your personal information.
Note: Norton Privacy Builder is currently in Beta.
1. How does Norton Privacy Builder work?
After adding Norton Privacy Builder, you can navigate to a website and click the browser extension at the top-right corner of the browser.
Norton Privacy Builder searches a company website to find where the opt-out information is located and serves it up. The following opt-out options are available in Norton Privacy Builder:
- Opt Out via Website
- Opt Out via Email
- Opt Out via Phone Call
Follow the on-screen instructions to submit the opt-out requests.
Note: Some websites may not offer email or phone call opt-out options.
2. What are the benefits of Norton Privacy Builder?
- Makes it easier to opt out of the sale of your personal information to a third party
- Lets you choose from available opt-out options that are offered on a company website
- Provides an email template form that saves time by helping to avoid having to re-enter email opt-out request information for each website
- Features crowd sourcing to enhance the Norton Privacy Builder extension. Crowd sourcing lets you submit website requests to us to consider adding to our catalog of websites and companies that will opt you out
3. How do I install Norton Privacy Builder?
- Go to Chrome Web Store
- Type Norton Privacy Builder in the search box.
- In the Extension page, under Norton Privacy Builder, click Add to Chrome.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the extension.
Note: This browser extension is offered on Google Chrome browser only and this extension is available currently in U.S only.
4. Where do I post my queries?
Please post your questions in the Norton Password Manager | Norton Safe Web | Norton Safe Search board. For more information, please visit FAQ: Norton Privacy Builder Beta KB article page.