Norton Security for Mac 8.6.2 is now available!
We are happy to release Norton Security for Mac 8.6.2 for all supported languages.
The below FAQ addresses some common questions:
1. How can I download this update?
This build is available as a patch via LiveUpdate only. Manual LiveUpdate will NOT fetch this patch.
This new update is available for:
- Norton 360
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Reboot is required.
- This is a phased release. Applicable only to random endpoints.
2. What are the system requirements?
This build is applicable only for macOS 11. And is currently not available for macOS 10.15 and below supported OS.
3. What's new in this build?
- Engineering enhancements
- LiveUpdate changes – We will soon start shipping updates via NortonLifeLock servers
- Expose macOS 10.15 customers to Network Extensions, similar to macOS 11. And we will no longer be dependent on legacy Kernel Extensions for macOS 10.15, post this update.
- All lower supported OS will also receive 8.6 versions that carry several improvements over 8.5 version
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
4. Where can I post my queries?
Please visit the Norton for Mac forum board to post your queries.