Product Update - 20.6 of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security & Norton 360
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security & Norton 360 220.127.116.11 (2013), and have released the update.To download it, simply run LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a throttled manner. Currently, this update is only available for English. Other languages will be available shortly. See the below FAQ for details.
A reboot will be required for Windows XP & Vista customers, however no reboot will be required for Windows 7 or Windows 8 customers.
[Note: Comcast Norton Security Suite 20.6 update will be released shortly. We will update this announcement once the patch is released.]
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About
The FAQ below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 18.104.22.168.
Please note that all customers running Norton Antivirus 20.4, Norton Internet Security & Norton 360 20.5 with a valid subscription will receive this update to version 20.6 for free. Not using the new Norton products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the newest version of NIS, NAV or N360 by visiting the Norton Update Center.
This update is currently available via LiveUpdate Only.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a throttled manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a throttled manner.
4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes
in two parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated.
5. What are the changes in this release?
- Norton Toolbar update to support the upcoming Google Chrome policy change that discontinues the use of NPAPI (Netscape Plugin API) technology
- Chrome 64-bit Browser support
- Single Purpose Extension Update for Google Chrome - For more details see announcement
- If you see the “Apply Now Dialog says Application is still running with process name ‘Google Chrome (Native Messaging Host)’”, please exit/close all background chrome apps.
Steps to Exit Background Apps:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on ‘Customize and Control Google Chrome’ icon at top right and Click on Exit. This will close all Chrome Processes including background apps
2. In order for the Norton Toolbar to work effectively, make sure you have the following Norton product versions
- Norton Internet Security/ Norton 360: 22.214.171.124
- Google Chrome Extension version as follow : Norton Security Toolbar – 2013.4.14.16 and Norton Identity Safe – 1.0.5
3. If you have clicked ‘Don’t show this Again’ link in popup earlier or missed the Norton Toolbar Extension update popup, please follow the below portal link to enable Toolbar in Chrome: https://identitysafe.norton.com/client?server=1 Select ‘Norton Internet Security or Norton 360 (2013)’ from ‘Add For:’ Drop-down