Product Update - 21.1 of Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton AntiVirus
Dear Norton Community,
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, and Norton 360 184.108.40.206, and are ready to release the patches for all languages. To download the update, simply run LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner; see the below FAQ for details. A reboot will be required for Windows XP & Vista customers, however no reboot will be required for Windows 7 or Windows 8 customers.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About.
The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 220.127.116.11.
Please note that all Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus, and Norton 360 customers running version 21.x with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the new Norton products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the newest version by visiting the Norton Update Center. This update is not currently available via the Norton Update Center; it is only available via LiveUpdate.
2. When will I receive the patch?
This patch is now available to all customers via LiveUpdate. LiveUpdate will run in the background when your system is idle to obtain the update, and install on your system.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate. If you have not received the update, please try to run LiveUpdate manually. Remember that products installed on Windows XP and Windows Vista will require a reboot before the patch is applied.
4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in 2 parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated.
5. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and issues that are fixed in NIS/NAV/N360 18.104.22.168:
- Resolved the lost Internet connection when installing Norton on Windows 8 [link]
- Fixed issue where a New Folder is created in outlook whenever outlook is opened with Norton Anti-Spam enabled [link]
- Resolved the error seen when trying to open Support page through NAV Main UI [link]
- Fixed an issue where Norton System Tray icon disappears and crashes in Windows 8.1 (Specific to Acer/Lenovo PCs)