Product Update - 21.2 of Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton AntiVirus
[Updated on March 25 2014: Version 126.96.36.199 has released for English via LiveUpdate]
[Updated on April 3 2014: Version 188.8.131.52 has released for Comcast Norton Security Suite via LiveUpdate]
Dear Norton Community,
We have completed testing our latest update of Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, and Comcast Norton Security Suite 184.108.40.206, and have released the update. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate. This update is available in all languages. See the below FAQ for details. A reboot will be required for Windows XP & Vista customers, however no reboot will be required for Windows 7 or Windows 8 customers.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About.
The FAQ below answers some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 220.127.116.11.
Please note that all Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus, Norton 360, and Comcast Norton Security Suite customers running version 21.x with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the new Norton products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the newest version of NIS, NAV, or N360 by visiting the Norton Update Center. Comcast Norton Security Suite customers should visit the Norton Security Suite download page.
2. When will I receive the patch?
This update is now available via LiveUpdate in all languages.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate.
4. I see the engine for this version on my system, but my product hasn't updated. What's wrong?
Nothing is wrong; that's how our updates are distributed for the phased approach. The update comes in 2 parts, and most people will get the engine. Both parts together will get your product updated.
5. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes in NIS/NAV/N360/CNSS 18.104.22.168:
- Firefox 28 Compatibility update
- Fixed issue where high CPU and I/O usage during Idle (link)
- Resolved problem where Norton Toolbar Safe Search "Live Search" results pulls focus from searchbox (link)
- Solved issue where links to threat definitions within the product were not clickable (link)
- Fixed problem where "Norton is currently...background tasks" displays at startup, but no tasks are running (link)
- Resolved the issue where Disk Optimization was failing with the message "Drive B: Other error" (link)
- Toolbar enhancements - Toolbar Settings Panel, enhanced infobar for multiple logins.
- Resolved issue where Norton 360 Online Backup displayed "Failed - New Files Backed Up: 0"