Kudos0

OPENBIT-Norton Smart Phone Security License Renewal

I recently purchased a license renewal for my Norton Smart Phone Security through OPENBIT.      I recieved the CD license code but it failed to activate my software.  I have tried to email and call OPENBIT but they will not respond.  Has anybody else had similar problems with activating their software with a license renewal purchased from OPENBIT?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: OPENBIT-Norton Smart Phone Security License Renewal

I recently purchased a license renewal for my Norton Smart Phone Security through OPENBIT.      I recieved the CD license code but it failed to activate my software.  I have tried to email and call OPENBIT but they will not respond.  Has anybody else had similar problems with activating their software with a license renewal purchased from OPENBIT?
Kudos0

Hi mjshelton,

Welcome to the community!

Did you change either your mobile phone or your SIM card after purchasing the renewal code?

Please try contacting our customer support for more information.

Thanks!

TomV

Norton Forums Moderator

Symantec Corporation

Kudos0

Yes, I have contacted customer support.  No help there.  I'm afraid I just got ripped off by OPENBIT.  No I haven't changed phones or SIMS card after the license renewal.

Thanks,

mJs

Message Edited by mjshelton on 03-13-2009 01:54 PM
Kudos0

When you renew the licence, make sure that you are connected to Internet through the GPRS/EDGE connection on your phone provided by your service provider.

--Vinod

Message Edited by pore_vinod on 03-14-2009 12:46 AM
Kudos0

so where is that setting?
Kudos0

Apparently the phone was connected enought to the internet for OPENBIT to make a charge on my credit card.  The things that surprise and alarm me are:

1) openbit not even responding to emails or phone calls to avail themselves for a solution

2) Norton partnering with such a disreputable company

Kudos0

Hello mjshelton,

I've sent you an email. Please let me know if the solution in the email solves this issue.

Kudos0

Thanks Tim but I have recieved no emails.

Kudos0

Hello mjshelton,

You might want to check your spam folder. Be sure to check the same email address you used to register on these forums.

Kudos0

I, too, have problems connecting to Openbit Licensing Manager. But I bought my subscription directly from Symantec. Openbit's server has been unavailable. Perhaps this is due to Tanla Solutions having financial problems? I can't even activate my Norton Smartphone Security. Is there an alternate route to activation?
Kudos0

Hello Chucky,

I've sent you an email to the email address that you registered on these forums with. Please let us know if this corrects your issue.

Message Edited by Tim_Lopez on 04-08-2009 11:56 AM
Kudos0

Hi Tim,

I was able to install the software and succeeded in updating it; this time through Tanla Licensing and not Openbit. However, it still will not activate. The activity logs (I tried activating twice) show "Warning. Lease  expired."  I rebooted after the 1st activation attempt - this after the phone was rebooted by the installation. I guess it really does not work with Mobile 6.1. Any more suggestions?  I really want tis to work, what with all the worms and viruses out there.

Thanks for your help

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.