Kudos0

Norton Safety Minder - This account is not monitored????

I am looking everywhere but I don't how to turn it on. I have added all the kids but its not monitoring them. I can access everything. It doesn't ask for a password or anything. HELP?????

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Safety Minder - This account is not monitored????

Hi matalorian,

I just sent you a PM.  You could access the message by clicking on the  icon in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

I have a problem with OnlineFamily.Norton I believe is similar.

We have this installed on my daughter's netbook and my sons/family PC.  I recently added an account to the family PC for my daughter. I tried to add my daughter's account to Norton Safety Minder. I logged onto that PC as admin, rightclicked the Paw icon, chose edit account, found her account name, added her. It said OK.  I logged back on a minute later, and it told me her account was not being monitored. I repeated my steps several times, got the same result. Each time NSM said I'd added my daughter's account successfully, only to have it not be added when I checked again.

What is going on? Can I please just add her account to this computer? At the moment, my son logs on and uses her account to circumvent the controls we placed on his account. This is probably a bug, and it is maddening. Can someone please help?

Thanks

dan tynan 

[edit:Please keep post content clean per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

Message Edited by shannons on 12-21-2009 07:30 PM
Kudos0

dantynan wrote:

I have a problem with OnlineFamily.Norton I believe is similar.

We have this installed on my daughter's netbook and my sons/family PC.  I recently added an account to the family PC for my daughter. I tried to add my daughter's account to Norton Safety Minder. I logged onto that PC as admin, rightclicked the Paw icon, chose edit account, found her account name, added her. It said OK.  I logged back on a minute later, and it told me her account was not being monitored. I repeated my steps several times, got the same result. Each time NSM said I'd added my daughter's account successfully, only to have it not be added when I checked again.

What is going on? Can I please just add her account to this computer? At the moment, my son logs on and uses her account to circumvent the controls we placed on his account. This is probably a bug, and it is maddening. Can someone please help?

Thanks

dan tynan 

Thanks for reporting this issue Dan.  I'll try to reproduce this issue here on my end.  In the mean time, have you been able to do this configuration through the website?  You can do so under Settings > Profile on the Onlinefamily.Norton.com website.
Regards,
Henry 

[edit: Updated quoter.]

Message Edited by shannons on 12-21-2009 07:31 PM
Kudos0

henry:

thanx for replying. I've changed settings online as well as on the computer. whatever I'm doing isn't working. I get the same sequence as noted before. I've set it up to block certain sites for her account, and those sites are not blocked.

dt 

Kudos0

Hi dantynan,

Could you reboot your PC to see if it helps?

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

I have been to chat support help for Norton - that has not resolved the issue.  I am signed in but the monitoring does not happen.  Do I need to reinstall and start over?
Kudos0

bfc,

we will need more information as to the problem you are having

Matt

Kudos0

rebooting has no effect. I've since duplicated this on another vista computer. this is clearly a bug. 

I captured screens of each step in the process and the result, but I have no idea who to send them to. 

is there any actual support for Norton Safety Minder besides this forum?  

dt 

Kudos0

My daughter has a laptop, which on 12/27, the program was monitoring; on the 28th it did not begin automatically to monitor her activity, and I asked for help - how to get it started again.  Since support has "helped" me, the program doesn't monitor either child on either computer - her laptop or family pc.
Kudos0

an addendum: now safety minder has stopped working on the original PC I had asked about. I can't 'edit accounts' and have the edits stick. this makes the software essentially worthless. 
Kudos0

Hi bfc and dantynan,

I would be more than happy to setup a remote desktop access and work together with you on this.  You're welcome to send me a private message or an email for details.  You can find my email address at http://community.norton.com/norton/profile?user.id=15038

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.