• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

new version of Norton for Mac?

When will be release a new Norton for mac version with improvements at graphical interface, faster scanning speed and lesser impact on system RAM?

I'm really happy with Norton IS 4.1 but it needs updates (look Intego's software).

Replies

Kudos0

Re: new version of Norton for Mac?

Sorry, we don't comment on release dates for unannounced products. If you have anything in particular you'd like to see changed, please let us know.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec
Kudos0

I am getting since weeks a message, that my norton will expire the 25th of May 2010.

This happens EVERY TIME I START MY MAC. This is boring boring boring.

I don't need this message 2 months before expiring.

Before I upgrade to a new version or before i puchase an upgrade I need to remove this warning.

a) how can I remove this message

b) will the new version finally support MAC ox X in 64bit mode?

Regards

Marco

Kudos0

The warning goes away once you purchase a new subscription. A new subscription will extend your virus definitions, vulnerability protection updates and make you eligible to receive product updates for another year.

We don't comment on when new features will be announced, because there are often times things out of our control that prevent us from meeting deadlines. I can tell you in this case, that there are several limitations in the current 64-bit kernel mode of Mac OS X that prevent us from supporting it.

Ryan McGann Technical Director Norton Business Unit, Symantec

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.