• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos7 Stats

Subscription Alert wording finally fixed

Thank you, Symantec, for finally listening to the Forum feedback and fixing the wording of the Subscription Alert dialog box (NIS 2011), so that it clearly states what will happen if a user chooses to let their Subscription expire:

The previous wording, that read "If your subscription expires, you will not be protected against viruses and other security risks." created angst amongst those users who didn't realise that the product actually stopped working when their Subscription expired

Hopefully this Subscription Alert wording change was included in the recent patches sent  to NIS 2010/N360 4 users...

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Subscription Alert wording finally fixed

Thank you, Symantec, for finally listening to the Forum feedback and fixing the wording of the Subscription Alert dialog box (NIS 2011), so that it clearly states what will happen if a user chooses to let their Subscription expire:

The previous wording, that read "If your subscription expires, you will not be protected against viruses and other security risks." created angst amongst those users who didn't realise that the product actually stopped working when their Subscription expired

Hopefully this Subscription Alert wording change was included in the recent patches sent  to NIS 2010/N360 4 users...

Kudos0

hi Elsewhere,

Agreed, this is more clear.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

I have 30 days left but this haven't pop up yet.

Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva EdisonI'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Kudos0

Tywin7 wrote:

I have 30 days left but this haven't pop up yet.

You should see it any time now.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Scratch that its 36 days. I think I missed the 6.
Norton Internet Security 2011 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (Check if you are eligable for a FREE Norton upgrade)Success is 10 percent inspiration and 90 percent perspiration.”--Thomas Alva EdisonI'm not a Symantec employee and my posts do not represent the views of Symantec.
Kudos0

Hello Tywin

Time for a pair of glasses or a new pair of glasses.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1903 Norton Core Security Plus 22.19.8.65 Core Firmware 288 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

It's because the number of days is kinda hard to read against the black background. I only noticed the 6 when I synced my subscription.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.