• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Utility 15 cannot active

Hi,

I purchase "NIS + Utility v14" lasst week.

I reinstall my os and was surpriseing to find ou that Norton Utility has upgraded to version  15.

I downloaded the norton utility which is v 15. but cannot ACTIVATE WITH NORTON VERSION 14 KEY

So what was going on?

How do I activate my Noritn Utility 15?

Ed

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Utility 15 cannot active

Hi,

I purchase "NIS + Utility v14" lasst week.

I reinstall my os and was surpriseing to find ou that Norton Utility has upgraded to version  15.

I downloaded the norton utility which is v 15. but cannot ACTIVATE WITH NORTON VERSION 14 KEY

So what was going on?

How do I activate my Noritn Utility 15?

Ed

Kudos0

You can't activate Utilities v 15 using a v14 key.  The Utilities does not allow version upgrades the same way NIS does.  I'm not finding a Utilities 15.  Are you talking about Ghost?

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.Mark Twain
Kudos0

Hello

There's a similar problem over in the Othe Products forum.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Other-Norton-Products/Norton-Utilities-Renewal/m-p/338958#M28988

There doesn't seem to be a NU 15, but 2 people came up with that.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi,

I purchased NIS & Utility(v14). I downloaded and installed the Utility from the download page and it has upgraded to version 15.

But the Utiity 15 cannot use version 14's activation key.

I contackted the tech support, and they say it's not a full version yet.

I bought the bundle last week, and feels uphappy about Utility upgrading to 15 and cannot use 14's activation key. besides that, the bundle also dropped in price. (from 69.99USD to 59USD)

Hope the Norrton Utility 15 can come out as full version in a month.

Thanks.

Ed

Kudos0

Download NU version 14.5 HERE. Your version 14 key should work.

Kudos1 Stats

But I just purchased the software for 2 weeks. They should allow people to upgrade from Utility 14 to 15.

Besides, the bundle for NIS and Utility ahs dropped from 69.99USD to 59.99USD.:(

Kudos0

But there is no NU 15 yet. Latest version is 14.5.

Kudos0

i clicked the download button from my account. and it automately downloads Utility 15 for you.

but the key is still OLD. and cannot be used

Thanks.

Ed

Kudos0

If that is true, I think they have the horse in front of the cart. I  don't see NU 15 as being released anywhere. I guess you'll have to contact customer support via ONLINE CHAT.

Kudos1 Stats

Hi,

I did. the tech said that he will need to use some "remotely control of the computer???" to get my software activated. but i still need a activation key. btw, Do you know how he can do that(activate my software by controling my computer remotely)

thanks

ed

Kudos0

Hi,

Does anyone know the email for tech support? I find it so hard to get a contact email account.

Thanks.

Ed

Kudos0

I just spent 40 minutes with tech support on this issue.  They wanted to control my PC too but I wouldn't agree.  They ran me through all sorts of steps but nothing has worked. 

I downloaded the software again and installed it over.  I did not uninstall the first version which is v.15.0.0.122.  Unfortunately it did not overwrite the first version. 

When I ran the newly installed program v. 14.5, it prompted me to run Smart Update just like it did the first time I installed it.  This time I said no and was able to activate it with no problem.  However, I still have v. 15.0.0.122 installed on my machine and it still tells me I need to register and I still get the error telling me it is an invalid number.

By the way, my problem as been "elevated to a supervisor" who will call me back within 24 hours. 

Kudos1 Stats

Hi,  So if you purchased NIS plus NUv14, the key will activate NUv14 (including all NUv14+ such as NUv14.5), but the key is not valid to activate the new NUv15.  The reason is that NU has what we call a "perpetual" license model, so that you can activate the installations on up to 3 PCs and use them as long as your computer meets the system requirements of the product.  But the activation key does not work for newer versions of the product such as NUv15. 

The benefit is that you do not have to pay for a yearly subscription to these tools, which we think is the right thing to do with this product right now.  Unfortunately it looks like you purchased just as we were releasing from NUv15, so I really hope that Customer Support can help you out to get a valid NUv15 key (perhaps they can  technically get you a refund and allow you to do a repurchase with the new version of NU,.. but hopefully they can do it more easily than that).

I hope that at least clarifies the "why" you're running into the particular issue.

Kudos0

Thanks.

BTW,  is the recently released Norton Utlility (3PC) 49.99USD(01,01,2011)  version 15?

Ed

Kudos0

i always think the latest  version is 14.5 it is a must that 15 is much better than 14.5 but i t seems that there is no 15 now

"[b][URL=http://www.rosettastoneoutlet4u.com/rosetta-stone-hindi-c-9.html]Rosetta Stone Hindi[/URL][/b][b][URL=http://www.rosettastoneoutlet4u.com/rosetta-stone-chinese-c-1.html]Rosetta Stone Chinese[/URL][/b]"
Kudos0

NU 15 is out and available for purchase. Please follow the link to the announcement for more information.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Other-Norton-Products/Norton-Utilities-v15-is-now-available/td-p/350278

-Venkat

Venkat Jammalamadugu
Norton Forums Administrator
Consumer Products and Solutions
Symantec Corporation

Kudos0

HI,

The purchase I made a few weeks ago included the 2011 NIS & NUv14. I cancled the order since the NUv15 was out.

Now the NUv15 is on shelves, can I replace the order (2011NIS & NUv15).

Thanks.

Ed

Kudos0

But NUv15 does not support SSD/FLASH

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.