• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Can not receive updated password

I've forgotten my password.  The system recognizes my username and I've followed the instructions to the point where I'm supposed to wait for an email with a temporary email but I'm not getting any email.  I've check my spam filters and everything looks ok??

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Can not receive updated password

Password for what? These Forums? Your computer? ?????

Hugh
Kudos0

login to My Norton account to enable a download of the software to another computer

Kudos0

Let me try to provide more details.  I purchased Norton Internet Security 2010 in July and it is running fine.  I'd like to download it to a 2nd computer in our home.  To do this, I was told that I had to log into my Norton account.  I don't know the password to my Norton account to log in.  I tried setting up a new account but it says that there is already one created under my email.  I asked for a new password to be sent but I'm not receiving anything.  Can someone at Norton send a new temporary password to me for my account or can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong.  Thanks!

Kudos0

ddohertytrf wrote:

login to My Norton account to enable a download of the software to another computer

Hi ddohertytrf,

Welcome to the Norton Community.

Please access your Norton Account and click on "Sign In". Then click on the "Recover it here" below where it says "Forgot your password". Ensure you use the same email address you initially registered with. Please see image below:

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Hi ddohertytrf,

Just saw your update. Did you check your Junk folder or Norton Antispam folder to see if the password reset email was directed there by mistake?

If you still do not see the email then you should contact Customer Service and they should be able to take care of this for you.

I would also recommend that you upgrade to NIS 2011 which is free with a current subscription.

You can download NIS from the following links.  These are the English versions, let us know if you need a different language.

NIS 2010: http://www.norton.com/nis10

NIS 2011: http://www.norton.com/nis11

If you wish to upgrade to NIS 2011 and everything is working well with 2010 you can simply upgrade over the top of 2010. If you are having any problems with 2010 let us know and we can assist you with getting a clean upgrade to 2011.

Be sure to back up Identity Safe (if used) as a precaution before upgrading. You can do this from Web Settings > Identity Safe > Backup Identity Safe Data.

In either case be sure to run live update until there are no more updates and reboot if requested.

Please let us know how it goes.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

Thanks for clarifying -- glad to see you have some replies already.

There is a specific Forum for NIS so I'll ask for your message to be moved over there or better exposure. You won't lose sight of it because a link will be left here.

Hugh
Kudos0

No success yet.  I've confirmed from my original invoice that the account name (email address) is correct and I've shut off the Norton anti-spam folder temporarily and have confirmed that it didn't get intercepted by my junk mail folder.  Still no temporary password is being received.  Can I create another account for a unique email address if I have my product key?

Kudos0

<< Can I create another account for a unique email address if I have my product key? >>

I think if you do that you will get back a message that the KEY is already in use ......

Since the reply you wait for may involve human intervention perhaps wait on a couple of days to see if it's held up by the holidays.

Or I suppose you could contact Customer Support by chat  and see if they can help you resolve this more quickly:

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; phone may have a long wait time and feedback from users tells us that CHAT is by far the best at resolving problems.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

Hugh
Kudos0

Hi ddohertytrf,

As I mentioned before I would really recommend contacting Customer Service. They are there to resolve account issues like this.

As Hugh said chat is the best option for the fastest resolution.

Best wishes.

Allen

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Tech support web chat did a great job resolving this issue. 

Kudos0

wrote:

Tech support web chat did a great job resolving this issue. 

Hi ddohertytrf,

Thank you for letting us know.

Best wishes and Happy New Year.

Allen

Kudos0

Thanks for the good news ...

You know where to find us if you need more help.

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.