• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton Online Backup Size Not Right

HI all,

Looking for some help. Twice now my Notron Online backup has said that I am out of space. The last time I called Support and they told me to delete my computers and add them back. I did this and then had to backup all 20 Gigs of data from my three computers. I was NOT happy about that answer in the least.

Well three months later I am back in the same boat and if I am told I have to delete all my computers and add them back in order to get my space right I will have to find a better service.

Some more details

1) I have three computers I back up

a) Computer 1 has

Storage calculation completed successfully03/30/2011 10:47:17 AM11,6773.61 GB

c) computer 2 has

Storage calculation completed successfully03/30/2011 10:49:01 AM7121.46 GB

c)Computer 3 Has

Storage calculation completed successfully03/30/2011 10:50:09 AM15,62114.06 GB

Which to me totalts 19.13 GIgs.

My ussage even after trying to purge all that I could still shows:

24.43 GB used of 30 GB I can not find out how to tell what is taking up the additional 5 GIGS of space.  I have checked for files that have neen modified in the last 30 days and there are only a handfull of them, not enough to make up this difference. I thought it might be some type of versioning going on but can not find a way to delete old versions only as they are not listed in the purge screen as seperate files. How do I get these two numbers to match and make sense reliably do I do not have to upload 20 GIgs of data again?!?!?!?!?!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Online Backup Size Not Right

HI all,

Looking for some help. Twice now my Notron Online backup has said that I am out of space. The last time I called Support and they told me to delete my computers and add them back. I did this and then had to backup all 20 Gigs of data from my three computers. I was NOT happy about that answer in the least.

Well three months later I am back in the same boat and if I am told I have to delete all my computers and add them back in order to get my space right I will have to find a better service.

Some more details

1) I have three computers I back up

a) Computer 1 has

Storage calculation completed successfully03/30/2011 10:47:17 AM11,6773.61 GB

c) computer 2 has

Storage calculation completed successfully03/30/2011 10:49:01 AM7121.46 GB

c)Computer 3 Has

Storage calculation completed successfully03/30/2011 10:50:09 AM15,62114.06 GB

Which to me totalts 19.13 GIgs.

My ussage even after trying to purge all that I could still shows:

24.43 GB used of 30 GB I can not find out how to tell what is taking up the additional 5 GIGS of space.  I have checked for files that have neen modified in the last 30 days and there are only a handfull of them, not enough to make up this difference. I thought it might be some type of versioning going on but can not find a way to delete old versions only as they are not listed in the purge screen as seperate files. How do I get these two numbers to match and make sense reliably do I do not have to upload 20 GIgs of data again?!?!?!?!?!
Kudos0

Re: Norton Online Backup Size Not Right

Hello gohowardtx,

I've sent a private message with my email address in it. Please send me the email address which you use to login to Norton Online Backup. From there I can have our engineering team investigate and correct your quota issue.

There's no reason at all you should need to delete any PC even if you were legitimately over your quota. This is why the service has a purge feature which would allow you to remove selective content.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.