• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

My website, which had a Norton Safeweb "Safe" rating, suddenly says not tested

My site has been rated "Safe" for quite some time. Now today I check it (mikematloff.com) in Norton Safe Web and it reports "This site has not been tested yet." Um--NO WAY! Please help! Mike

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: My website, which had a Norton Safeweb "Safe" rating, suddenly says not tested

Hi,

Your site has been submitted for analysis. Will update you once the proper rating is available.

Kudos0

Re: My website, which had a Norton Safeweb "Safe" rating, suddenly says not tested

It says OK for me.

Kudos0

Hello Mike

When I just did a Google site, I saw several different listings for that website. Most said not tested on them. There was one that was on YouTube and that one had an OK by it. Also, the websites are periodically retested to make sure they are still ok.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi Mikematloff,

Your site 'mikematloff.com' had been submitted for analysis and is currently rated green in safeweb.norton.com.

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=mikematloff.com

Cops

Kudos0

That's fine if my site is submitted for periodic *RE*-analysis. BUT:

1. I've signed up to be notified when my site status changes, and I was NOT notified of any change whatsoever.

2. To report that my site is "untested" is completely MISLEADING. It WAS tested, found SAFE, and now is being RE-TESTED.

I am very unhappy with this level of service.

Mike

Kudos0

I just noticed that my "rank" has been changed from "Newbie" to "Visitor". Is it possible that I was hacked, and that this has something to do with why Safeweb suddenly reports my site as "untested"?

If not a hack attack, why did my rating change from "Newbie" to "Visitor"?

Mike

Kudos0

To be frank Mike, you didn't pay to get your site tested by Symantec or Norton. It is a free service.
I could understand if you paid to get Norton Secured, but you didn't. You have no right to critisize the service.

You're lucky you got put in front of the many other people wanting a safe rating.

As for the newbie/visitor, after you post something and reply to a couple of threads you get upgraded.

Kudos0

Hello mike

This Forum has a ranking system in place for everyone who posts here with the exception of Norton employees----names in red---. In fact, they have a rating now also since they can earn a star like the Forum Gurus have. It's based on the number of posts you have made and other criteria. The change in rank does not indicate any sort of hacking being done in this Forum. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.