• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

No Norton 360 Icon when running when using Remote Desktop

I have a Windows 8 Virtual Machine running under Hyper-v and on it I installed the latest version of Norton 360. If I logon to the machine using the "Virtual Machine Connection" under the Hyper-v Manager everything works fine. The 360 icon appears as it should as a Metro button on the start menu. I click the icon and Norton 360 desktop appears. All works fine.

When I login using Microsoft "Remote Desktop" Norton 360 does not work. I click on the Norton 360 metro button and nothing happens. The Norton 360 Icon does not appear in the taksbar. This is really perplexing. I'm hoping someone in the community has seen this problem.

Best Regards 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: No Norton 360 Icon when running when using Remote Desktop

I have a Windows 8 Virtual Machine running under Hyper-v and on it I installed the latest version of Norton 360. If I logon to the machine using the "Virtual Machine Connection" under the Hyper-v Manager everything works fine. The 360 icon appears as it should as a Metro button on the start menu. I click the icon and Norton 360 desktop appears. All works fine.

When I login using Microsoft "Remote Desktop" Norton 360 does not work. I click on the Norton 360 metro button and nothing happens. The Norton 360 Icon does not appear in the taksbar. This is really perplexing. I'm hoping someone in the community has seen this problem.

Best Regards 

Kudos0

Not the same problem, but similar.

I was using remote desktop to access a Win 8 testbed, and was having an issue with trying to install the Norton Management on the remote machine. I kept getting errors that would not allow the installation. When I went to that computer, I was able to get the feature installed with no problem.

Your issue could be related to using the virtual machine. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

hello Peterweb,

Yes I agree it is related to runnint on a virtual machines, I there anything that can be done to fix it?

Best Regards

Kudos0

Well Ive been waiting on the phone for Norton 360 support for over an hour and still no answer. That's an hour of my cell phone minutes. Chat doen't work either, I get a blank page. I tried going to my accout on their website and I get a 503 error. Is there anyone there? Does the company even exist and do they really have a technical support department. It seem for every problem they have with this product the recommendation is use the norton removal tool and reinstall.

I'm trying to contact someone at symateic for a refund at this point and still no answer, I should have listened to all the bad reviews on the internet.

Kudos0

I too have similar issues with their tech support department. I hope these guys think about customers even after receiving payments for their products.

Kudos0

Your issue contacting chat sounds strange. Is this the link you are using     www.norton.com/chat

Kudos0

Yes, that's the address I used.

Kudos0

rainetek wrote:

Yes, that's the address I used.

if your browser blocks redirects, you could see a blank page with an option to allow the redirect. If you allow it should take you to the page you were expecting to see.

What browser are you using?

Kudos0

I'm using remote desktop from my windows 2008 r2 server to a windows 8 system running under Hyper-v on the same server. I do this to get the full screen.

Best Regards

Replies are locked for this thread.