• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

install issues

I just installed NIS 360, it says i'm protected but my acct. says the new software is not installed, current software is expiring in 3 days. I had to use the d/l mgr to install the new softwre.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: install issues

Hi Thomas,

If it still says that you have 3 days left of subscription, means that you haven't activated the product that you have currently purchased. Try activating the product using the product of that you have just purchased.

Kudos0

thomasr1950 wrote:

I just installed NIS 360, it says i'm protected but my acct. says the new software is not installed, current software is expiring in 3 days. I had to use the d/l mgr to install the new softwre.

Hi,
Click on support and then subscription status. If it doesn't change post back

Thanks

Dick Win 10x64 10586 current NSBU
Kudos0

It shows 3 days remaing.

Kudos0

Try activating the product using the new product that you have just acquired.

(Support>Enter New Product Key)

Kudos0

It wants me to renew. I don't see a link to enter product key. I've never had this issue before.

Kudos0

Alright, it means that you might have the older version of the product installed on the computer.

Try loging in to your account and click on the download button corresponding to the Norton product that you have just purchased.

Kudos0

I bought this on line from Amazon. If i d/l it will charge me.

Kudos0

Do you have the product key with you from amazon?

Kudos0

I went back to d/l, it shows installed but not appearing on my acct. to enter the key.

Kudos0

I'm trying to use the virtual help but get the message Norton is installed. It's not, Chat is not working. If i call i get a non English speaking rep.

Kudos0

I have the product key.

Kudos0

Great that you have the product key. Click on Support>about and tell me what is the verison of your product.

Kudos0

Installed version info.

Product Key                                                                                                         Product Serial Number                                                                                         Registration Date                                                                                         Product Language                                                                                                                                                                     Storage Amount                                                                                                                        Dec 30, 2011                                                                                                                             English                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            2 GB                                               

[edit: Please do not post identifying information per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

Kudos0

Thomas,

Kindly remove your post. Don't post your product key. Someone might use it.

Kudos0

Nothing has changed on my acct. it just will not install.

[Edit: Please do not post identifying information per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

Kudos0

It still shows Norton 2011 installed even though i uninstalled it earlier.

Kudos0

What's the exact name of the Norton product that is on your computer right now?

If it failed to remove the product on your computer using the (add or remove for xp) or (program and features for Vista, 7). Try running the NRT on the computer. www.norton.com/nrt

Kudos0

Same results, it will  not install. I did follow your link. I've never experienced a issue like this. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Kudos0

Still cannot chat with Norton.

Kudos0

thomasr1950 wrote:

There is a specific Forum for Norton 360 so I'll ask for your message to be moved over there or better exposure. You won't lose sight of it because a link will be left here.

I've asked a moderator to remove the keys you posted in your messages -- don't post that kind of information in public or others can use it!

And you don't want to try to CHAT with Nathan who is a robot using canned answers. The link to CHAT you have been given will take you to real people either by phone or better perhaps through your computer keyboard .....

Hugh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.